Crashing into lamp post

Zheshi

Neutral Newbie

Hi dear forumer,

if i crash into a lamp post and damaged it.. the whole pole drop down and land onto the road... what is the fine that i'm likely to pay?

Could i use my insurance to pay for the damage? or insurance would not cover that?

↡ Advertisement

Trust me if you knock down the lampost, better claim insurance. I think 1 silly lampost amounts to a few thousand!

I think insurance should cover if you were not illegal racing or drunk driving.

Neutral Newbie

But what is the roughly price for the replacement of the lamp post.. i was thinking dunno want to claim insurance or pay myself..

Hello Bro, don't bother to pay yrself unless u very loaded with spare to throw and time to review costs with the contractors. The post itself (if rembr correctly) abt over two thousand plus. Not only that, the foundation to redo, wiring, damage to the road when the post fell... etc... all r different cost to pay different contractors. [:|] The final bill may run up to many thousandssss... [hur]

Neutral Newbie

[reply]

The final bill may run up to many thousandssss...

everything that belongs to gahment property will never depreciate!

just claim insurance. if not u buy the insurance for wat? it could come up to many Ks like some of the guys mentioned here.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

1 single mercury HID lamp post,normally on the driver's left side will cost about $2500, the double mercury HID lamp post(use in the center kerb) will cost more..

How I know..? 14 years back when I was at SAF school of transport, someone signed 1206... [dizzy]

Edited by Fabulous

Neutral Newbie

if you bang a lamp til fall down.. your car also very jialat.. heard people say 1 lamp post $5K.

so unless you are bloody rich and can run away before people see you, then you dun have to claim.. if not claim ins.

Ins co will handle everything

Neutral Newbie

Tell you guys the whole incident, please give advice if i should claim it or pay for it all by myself..

Total repair to my car cost around 5k...

Lamp post damage not too sure yet... have not recieve the letter yet...

i'm the third party for the insurance... and so under the clause..

i need to pay $3000, cause i'm under 25 yr old..

another of $450 cause i'm the third party...

Which mean no matter how much is the total damage.. i need to pay $3450 upfront regardless of how much i'm claiming..

So is it till worthwhile to make claim or pay by my own?

Neutral Newbie

excess? what is it? sorry about that.. first time car owner.. so not too sure about that

Hi dear forumer,

if i crash into a lamp post and damaged it.. the whole pole drop down and land onto the road... what is the fine that i'm likely to pay?

Could i use my insurance to pay for the damage? or insurance would not cover that?

bro.....are you the one ???? [rolleyes]

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../284578/1/.html

Singapore News

Lamp post uprooted in car collision, driver unhurt

By Hoe Yeen Nie, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 26 June 2007 2024 hrs

SINGAPORE: A car rammed into a lamp post on Tuesday afternoon, turning it into a twisted wreck.

Police said the car was heading towards Bedok when it skidded and crashed into the lamp post.

The driver escaped without visible injuries and declined medical treatment.

The accident occurred along Upper Changi Road East at around 3.40pm.

The police are still investigating the incident. - CNA/yy

(edited)

shd be confirm ba, it is the excess he has to pay, he also mentioned, he is the "3rd party", in this case he is the driver, whereas 3rd party is the Lamppost i.e. LTA. unless he is saying he bought 3rd party fire and theft insurance.

To Zheshi:

But why need to pay 450? 450 shd be the amount the owner or driver above 25 pay, and 3k is those not. so eventually you only need to pay 3k. And you are saying all this is you already declare this accident to the insurance coy? Anyway the excess pays for both your dmg and lamppost. unless you are saying the insurance you bought is not comprehensive??

Edited by Starian

errr... not readlli 2500 la, estimated about 1500-1800 only including all those wiring work if street lamp height of about 10-12meter, but of course this excluding any hidden cost which they might want to included.. how i know... cos i am selling them [lipsrsealed]

Tell you guys the whole incident, please give advice if i should claim it or pay for it all by myself..

Total repair to my car cost around 5k...

Lamp post damage not too sure yet... have not recieve the letter yet...

i'm the third party for the insurance... and so under the clause..

i need to pay $3000, cause i'm under 25 yr old..

another of $450 cause i'm the third party...

Which mean no matter how much is the total damage.. i need to pay $3450 upfront regardless of how much i'm claiming..

So is it till worthwhile to make claim or pay by my own?

In this case, I think it will be better to let the insurance settle the bill for the lamp post.

Hi dear forumer,

i heard that a lamp post cost $3k.

↡ Advertisement