Sell Car In One Month's Time

Nutty

LOL... do I have to strip, and hire 2 bikini babes to help me advertise?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comparing to letting agent "eat" and selling slowly, how much losses do you think I will incur?

what's the details of ur car.. my cousin is looking to buy a 2nd hand ride.. if condition is good and price is right, why not?

Neutral Newbie
Thanks.

You had good experience with this company? They can really fetch good prices?

I was trying to engage their services. But the boss of the company only offer me 1-2k above what other dealers offer me, and still need to pay them 500 for service fee.

Their strategy is to make seller offer as low as possible, since they are not concerned about how much you sell. They only concern with selling it off asap. So they make out ur car to be worth much less.

I tink they are not too different with other dealers.

my 2 cents.

Neutral Newbie

Maybe they asked seller to quote lower price and in the front, they advertise but behind the screen, they already tied up with car dealers to get like 1-2k more, plus the commission the seller is paying, sure win for them and used car dealers also get a good deal.

win win situation for them and car dealer but not really so for the seller.

Neutral Newbie

yea... it cld be this way too. They are also located in AMK autopt. Hard not see them in working relationships with other dealers.

Neutral Newbie

I faced the same prob last yr when i had to move to china for new job, car was less than 1.5 yrs old. I advertised on sgcarmart for $30 + - I think, then within one day lots of calls liao, mostly from dealers asking for abt 3-5 k discount on my listed sale price. At the same time i sms my car model, year of manufacture, paper value to all the dealers who advertised that they take in used cars, abt half of them replied with sms as to what value they would pay my car. Also i had called my bank to find out the settlement amt and worked out how much i had to pay back to settle my loan(in my case it was 7k+ coz i took 10 yr loan), after 3 days I sold my car to a dealer.

BTW many people have the idea that selling direct to a private buyer would fetch higher price, that's crap. Almost all the private buyers that called offered a ridiculously low price, coz maybe they are hoping for a desperate seller so they can get a bargain. Most dealers know the mkt price so they wouldn't play punk, so they would prob offer a reasonable price, with a range of 1-2k difference bet dealers. All in, I took abt 2 wks from the time i advertised to the time when the car was sold, loan was settled and car ownership transferred. Less than the one mth you estimated [thumbsup] .

huh? i tot i tell u to check your scrap value??

then from there u add about 2-10K (depends on car model)for the body, then add another 2-3K for dealer profit, that shall be your car value liao

Check it up under Onemotoring. Key in your car's registration number and your NRIC number and the day you want it "scrapped" All will be revealed. Then check with your bank how much is the outstanding loan. From there work out how much you got to pay the bank.