Chemlube Organic Ester Based Synthetic Oil

Vit4wd

The Chemlube brochure claims that Chemlube synthetic motor oil uses organic ester which is more expensive at US$3.20 / kg compared to hydrocarbon (PAO) used by other synthetic oils, which costs only US$2.10 / kg.

How is Chemlube's organix ester, costing 50% more than conventional hycarbon more effective in protecting the engine?

Perhaps, Genie, oue MCF in-house oil expert could shed some light on this? [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Did it mentioned Chemlube have the highest flashing point ?

Did it state that the oil can be used for 25,000 miles/40,000 km or 1 year ?

Some prominent names (race drivers) were mentioned in the old brouchure. Honda (KM) was carrying stock in the spare /Acc dept.

The oil is selling in 1 litre packing so normally one need to buy 4 pack (4 litres) for most mid size cars.

The price I last knew was $16.80 - 17.80 depend on which is chosen to buy W20 - W50.

So for the 16.80 a 4 litre purchase is $67.2. Anyway, the price was when I last used it in 2004. Present ride have not phased in to use it as still under AD care.

dun [rifle] my car or me but my 2006 getz manual says minimum requirement is SJ

but i use SL/SM rated oils la.. usually SJ oils i can only find in malaysian petrol kiosks

Been using this brand since 1994 when my mech intro to me...

Tried its gearoil first...and my god...it was damn smooth lor...butt feeling was good.

Then used the engine oil...although I did not stretch it to the 20,000mile....oil change was still at 10,000km...but still the engine felt peppy and not sluggish....maybe it could be stretch to 20,000km.

Cost is either cheap nor expensive...if you compare just based on the word Synthetic Oil. But again, butt feeling is that its better than most of the oil that I have tried before.

I think you can get the oil between 18-19 bucks a quart (almost 1 litre). Those old timer spare part shops at Sin Ming or Bukit Merah (Alexandra Village) would have stocks for it.

yup. chemlube really lube lube until shiok shiok. i ran it thru for 30k km though, with filter change very 10k km. still good. oil pressure at end life is a bit poorer. but recommend to do a engine flush before next change becos the oil is really expended.

otherwise value for $$.

used it on my previous mazzie protege and current ride, able to stretch it to 20,000km without any deterioration of performance. Engine still very torquey. I normally change it after 20,000km. Value fer $$$$$. [nod]

(edited)

Yep, I remember reading an article about SJ oils damaging catalytic converters due to high levels of Zn, P and sulpherated ash, current SM and SL oils contain zinc free additives and and ashless dispersants.

Edited by Garlic

thats why i feel its better to use SM as it has superior base stock over SL, and less of harmful additives, can make the meow meow last longer

Where you got your stuff for Chemlube ? I lost the number for the supplier...they use to do delivery to your workshop or your home FOC....

Now I get it off the counter at those spare part shops.

Neutral Newbie

bro... the chemlube diester engine oil (that we are referring to) is made by UltraChem Inc.; not by Chemlube International, Inc.

besides, based on their data sheet for 10W30, i doubt it's a ester-based...

http://www.chemlube.com/PDF02282007/Chemlu...LSAC%20GF-4.pdf

you can check out Ultrachem's website here

http://www.ultracheminc.com/cat_MotorOils.htm

btw, they did mention that they are no longer participating in API certification liao... so i guess their formulation has not changed since their last SJ certification.

cheers!

↡ Advertisement