Volvo S40

Icebird

Supersonic

if u buy a 2nd hand volvo, be prepared to drive ALL THE WAY.....

the dealers wil thrash deep deep when u try to trade in a 7-8yo volvo.

buy new lagi jialat. [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

buy new lagi jialat. [bigcry]

ya....but those 09, 10 ones stil ok cos the prices then were cheap like i rem 99k for s60.

but the ones at current prices hv to stand by.. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

reason being, been thinking of changing my ride which is about 7 years and searching around, found the S40 quite worth to buy

so was asking along for advice :huh:

There is bluetooth for the S40. just that SM didnt option in when it came to sg. The c70 (which is based on the s40) has bluetooh

hmm price is slightly lower, so is size?

reason being, been thinking of changing my ride which is about 7 years and searching around, found the S40 quite worth to buy

so was asking along for advice :huh:

got a fren driving the previous gen S40 2.4NA. reg date: May 04 108Km mileage

so far not much complaints in terms of maintenace, he does it at one of the alexander village wkshops. seems parts not an issue.

but driving all the way till coe end is cold hard fact. even for his car with relatively high paper, vs the 09 ones with 1k coe. so be prepared if you are going to pay 30k premium for these cars.

Supersonic

some version of local s40 t5 got BT carkit. The steering control got addition buttons for it.

that may be the car phone option which requires an additional SIM card.

The built in car phone that require to insert your sim card in order to work is old technology gadget now. I had this function in my years 2005 S60 T5. I Drive the car for 2 years only used once to test. Quite troubleson to shift sim card from hp to car and vice versa provided you get another sim card.

Neutral Newbie

Interesting..... cos one of the ad mention S40 has bluetooth and it seem it not possible?

strange.. anyway with or without bluetooth is not a serious matter [laugh]

most importantly the car is worth getting ? [:/]

Only current model Volvo car from years 2011 up will come with built in blue tooth. Volvo reliable engine is the 5 cyc engine but on newer model they had discard the older engine and use the new 4 cyc engine. According to my Sweden colleagues this new model got more electronics issue then the previous model when it first launch. Give the factory 3-4 years to solve the problem first before owning one.

The problem free model would be the previous batch S40 discontinued on year 2009. At least it still on the bullet proof 5 cyc engine and asin gear box. Fyi volvo is the only conti car using toyota gear box. Asin factory is own by Toyota factory manufacturing gear box for toyota and lexus car.

Supersonic

Interesting..... cos one of the ad mention S40 has bluetooth and it seem it not possible?

strange.. anyway with or without bluetooth is not a serious matter [laugh]

most importantly the car is worth getting ? [:/]

sometimes the term BT and car phone is used interchangeably and loosely. my previous T5 certainly din hv BT, but it's something cheaply retrofitted so it shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

back to your golden question; if you're asking abt the 2.0 S40, no it ain't worth the bother. heard the powershift gearbox oso not well mated.

Supersonic

The problem free model would be the previous batch S40 discontinued on year 2009. At least it still on the bullet proof 5 cyc engine and asin gear box. Fyi volvo is the only conti car using toyota gear box. Asin factory is own by Toyota factory manufacturing gear box for toyota and lexus car.

The 5-potter wif the 5-spd aisin was onli found on the 2.4i and T5. Yes, the combo is quite bullet proof. I tink 2009 models that were brought in were running on the 4cyl 2.0 mazda 6 engine mated to ford's powershift tranny.

Driving a 2.0 mated to the dual clutch. Good enough for me, and given the price, compared to the rest? its alot cheaper. Golf 1.4? jetta? Bmw 318? Is250? A4? all are more expensive. Big boot, great soundsystem. Built quality is really good. easy to drive!

Driving a 2.0 mated to the dual clutch. Good enough for me, and given the price, compared to the rest? its alot cheaper. Golf 1.4? jetta? Bmw 318? Is250? A4? all are more expensive. Big boot, great soundsystem. Built quality is really good. easy to drive!

Sat in my friend's S40 before, it can really chiong.

Dunno why some here say sluggish performance (maybe they compare to Lambo).

Supersonic

Sat in my friend's S40 before, it can really chiong.

Dunno why some here say sluggish performance (maybe they compare to Lambo).

which model S40 was it?

↡ Advertisement