Engine stalling problems

Sevnrg

Neutral Newbie

I've had this problem ever since the 4AT gearbox was in there, in neutral or parking gear, when i rev >3k rpm after releasing throttle, rpm drops suddenly and too drastically low like 500rpm, sometimes the ecu recovers in time, most of the time engine stall

now the problem bugs me more since on manual now. rev rev, clutch in, rpm drop to low, engine stall. sometime after WOT, coming to a stop must brake and clutch in then engine also die cos rpm dips way too low

what could cause this? i arldy adjust idling to 800 from 680rpm previously but i noticed that the rpm still dips to the same level of 500 before stalling

↡ Advertisement

Did you install lightened crank pulley, etc.... I understand that this might be a potential cause.

Apart from that.... my erratic idling issue was solved y changing out my fuel filter... probbaly clogged already. But I didn't have the engine stall on me... just that it coughed abit when dropped to ~ 600 rpm, then rpm went back up. [sweatdrop]

Has yr mech align yr engine and gearbox properly ? Second , it is gearbox suitable for this engine ? These are only two questions I have, if all OK then the problem is with either the engine fuel , electrical and control systems.

depends how old is the car... one ford tarus i know has this problem. beri dangerous for me.. have to quick cut lanes to the side as engine cuts off.

could b CPU, could b eletric throttle body, could b fuel pump. could b anything.

If yours is manual, use a timing light to check your idle timing. If yours is a COE car, high chance that POs have tweak the timing to gain more power/better FC. Any mechanic shop should be able to do this.

Also check/clean your throttle body, ISC (where it controls the air intake into the throttle body. Can also try to rev the engine at neutral and hear/look out for abnormal signs/noises from the engine.

Perhaps its time for you to overhaul the engine (replace/clean injectors, piston, etc) too

fwah... year 2008 coming liaoz. no one overhaul ink-jink anymore leh. tat's prehistoric.

just bye one recond chasis and lup in is fast and chirper

↡ Advertisement