Weber carb vs su carb

So_nice

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys,

Can anyone kindly advise me, what extractor setup is best for a single weber 40 dcnf on a 2E engine? A 4-2-1 or 4-1? I'm currently on 2" all the way, no cat, dummy centre muffler and operated rear muffler. Can some 1 kindly adivse.

Thank you.

Neutral Newbie
earlier in the day i just went to view this ep80:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-200izzRx-1186.html

as told that the ep80 is fitted with weber carb and man! it sounded so much different when the engine was on. the engine seems rev happy and roaring to go! however as the dealer will reving the engine for me to hear the engine note, i noticed that there was a pretty strong smell of petrol? not sure its petrol smell or just the exhaust gas. the engine bay looks need and no leakage on the floor as i noticed.

one more thing i noticed, when the dealer tried to turn on the ignition key, he had stepped on the acceleration padel? [confused] just wondering why was it so? does this indicate something is not right with the engine? [confused][confused]

Image003.jpg

a snap shot of the engine bay..

the interior was abit run down to be frank. the so called sports steering was a wood grain type and it looks sucky. the meters where those old sch dials and not white ones. the gt seats looks alittle run down, no power mirror and only 2 power windows(front 2 windows)?? the air con was pretty cold though.

i was wondering how much would it cost to do up the interior again? considering changing a 2nd hand sports steering, a pair of budget 2nd hand sports seats and maybe wrap half leather on the car rear seat and door panel? anyone haf idea?

hey bro...is there a turbo jet in the weber? The mounting is being machined by me six yrs ago in the machine shop. The one and only in sg....

I feel so happy that I still can see him again....coz I sold away my starlet with this weber and the setup. But my starlet was scrapped.....

[thumbsup]

[sunny]

look for team motoring...he know this belong to who.... [:p]

bring it back and enjoy it...no regrets.

Sorry I dunno if the engine for the starlet is gd anot...

i also got no idea. i heard from the dealer this car was from an army guy. currently processing for loan..if the loan cannot go thru then i gonna put deposit for it liao. thought today get pay can go for it..sigh.

this is ur old ride huh? or the setup is done by u?

Neutral Newbie

no juz the setup of the weber and attachment of the air filter only...I sold off my starlet 3.5 yrs ago with the weber and the ex owner scrapped it ard 2 yrs ago....

Neutral Newbie

do you know if the engine a 1300cc? I prev was using this weber with a 1300cc engine and GT starlet flywheel & gearbox....

hope the guy transferred everything over to this car.... [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

i thought our starlets all the while no cat one..

extractor will depend on what u wanna use for your car's performence, which gearbox u're using etc, see u need better pulling out of corners reaching peak rpm(4-2-1) or u want a moderated-fast-in-fast-out corner and pull away on the straights(4-1).

dependin on ur weber jettings also, imo 4-2-1 setup for startlet/dcnfs is very common along our bros, differences are only in gearboxes.

erm..aint our ep80s all 999cc? [sweatdrop] ahem ahemmm..

i not sure if the gt flywheel and gearbox are still attached with the car or not cuz i'm still a noob with starlets. hehe. but certainly it sounds good when reving. (not sure if its the effect of the air filter or weber [laugh] )

hope the guy's loan cannot approve bah then i will move in. if not gotta wait for another better starlet to come along.

Neutral Newbie

I won't be too worried by whether the ride has SU, bodykits or weber honestly. These can be bought at a reasonable price. What's priceless is a well maintained engine and accident free chasis.

Having said that, if you have all these above and beyond, its a bonus. A well maintained E series engine can take a fair amount of abuse. The last thing you want is to buy a fantastic looking car with bodykit and dealer paint only to realise the gasket is leaking, aircon is spoilt,driveshaft is rickety 3 months after your purchase.

Happy lookin, there will alwyas be a better ride...if you can wait.thumbsup.gif

Does your mechanic still do mainteance of carburattor? Currently still ok, but good to know where to get such service when the time comes...

====================

Yup. Mine is those old timer mech. He pretty good with carbs.

The ws in Yishun.

If u having problems, try to get a carb repair kit for your model carb & he can change those parts inside. Now quite difficult to get those repair kits, so if u happen to see it, get 1 as a stand-by. Less than $20 I paid last time.

last time there was such a thing as Twin Webers, anyone tried that before? supposedly use for track.

one hell of a monster [sweatdrop]

=====================

Twin Webers r twice the fun. [thumbsup][laugh]

↡ Advertisement