What's the impact after doing CAI ?

Lufu

wonder what kind of effect would I see...

still pondering if I should ?? [confused]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You should direct the question to those in SLC. They will be able to answer your query better.

Neutral Newbie

drop in low end (~2-2.5K) power and improve in >mid end [:/] IMHO, a SRI with proper heat shield will do [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

cai-cold air intake

sri-short ram intake

so, wats the diff between them? 1 is longer pipe and the other shorter [:p]

Neutral Newbie

CAI will decrease low end torque?

MICHEL i think we are drving the same car

98' 1.3m lancer?

have u done anything to your car?..

Neutral Newbie

my stock resonator is removed and 3" pipe with insulation as the cold-air intake near the right front bumper area...noise is not that loud..maybe ard 10-20%. the only drawback is the lose of low end torque (<2K RPM) but it is easier to reach >3K RPM [sly]

Neutral Newbie

auto civic'01. done up by one of the SHC bro. the following are his marketing extracts [;)] interested bo ?

Factory setup takes in air from engine bay, which is hot, abt 70C to 80C. Hot air is less dense, hence poorer effeciency in the combustion department. It will channel cool air from outside, which is denser, and hence better combustion. The setup has been tested heavy downpour and the airbox is still dry. I also do customised heat shield and 6 points grounding. Go to the following link to CHECKOUT all the cars that i have done. Common feedbacks are; Car feels less sluggish, throttle is more responsive, accelerations are smoother across rpm range. cheerios!

post-6-1052835852_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

the pic is not my ride...if i'm not wrong, it is meant for ICE purposes which suppose to stablise the power to the ICE components (etc. amp) unless someone says differently [:/]