3.5 years rubber. SAFE?

Dennisk

recently i checked my tyres while i was washing my car, i realise that i was given about 2 years old tyres when i purchase, my tyres manufacture date is 0104 , 1st week 2004

i have been running for about a year already ( 30000km), is it safe to carry on using these tyres. i learned that the rubber will harden over time. now the tyres is about 3 and half year old. thread left still can last about another 10km. will anything happen?

FYI:

tyres: Goodyear Revspec RS-02

↡ Advertisement

I think your tyres are due for an overhaul now as they have probably reached the end of their useful life. Don't skimp on them. The 4 palm-sized contact points of your tyres are crucial for your safety!

you bought the tyres brand new ?

a word of caution to all: before they fix the tyres onto your rims, please check on the date of manufacture (DOM) on the tyres. rule of thumb, do not accept anything more than 6 months from DOM.

Bro, better get it changed quickly, saw your car the other day and the tyres are pretty worned already.

Which tyre shop told you tyres which were 2+ yrs old?? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Personally I feel the tyres are abit too old for use. I would change it. Tyres are the only contact your car has with the road so I do not want to take risk.

nod.gif

I think your tyres are due for an overhaul now as they have probably reached the end of their useful life. Don't skimp on them. The 4 palm-sized contact points of your tyres are crucial for your safety!

ok. roger that. i didn't change as i don't really know what is consider old tyres

rubber will harden over time and when it does the chances of puncture cracks will occur. Do advice to change.

ok...i got a few nails on my tyres also...

you bought the tyres brand new ?

a word of caution to all: before they fix the tyres onto your rims, please check on the date of manufacture (DOM) on the tyres. rule of thumb, do not accept anything more than 6 months from DOM.

yup, i bought it brand new...think i will change with my rims together.

bro, that time we were chatting during the meetup about tyres, what actually you recommend for my next change?

i still thought of tyres rotation somemore. shakehead.gif

think gonna change asap.

any tyres to recommend bro?

Bro, better get it changed quickly, saw your car the other day and the tyres are pretty worned already.

Which tyre shop told you tyres which were 2+ yrs old?? sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

bought it from P** H*** furious.giffurious.giffurious.gif

got feedback that hankook tyres are quite good. [;)] RS-2 for more sporty grip. V8 for more comfort.

for me personally, i might consider RS-2 or Eagle F1 for my next change. [;)]

My previous Michelin MXV3A Pilot tyres were 9 mths old when I purchased them.

I used them for exactly 6 years (72 mths) and replaced them even though there was still thread left as hairline cracks had developed.

Comparing with my scenario, I shd say your 3 1/2 yr old tyres are still perfectly safe to use.

If an unused tyre is stored under proper storage condition, in a cool place and in the warehouse, its quality shd not be affected.

Neutral Newbie
recently i checked my tyres while i was washing my car, i realise that i was given about 2 years old tyres when i purchase, my tyres manufacture date is 0104 , 1st week 2004

i have been running for about a year already ( 30000km), is it safe to carry on using these tyres. i learned that the rubber will harden over time. now the tyres is about 3 and half year old. thread left still can last about another 10km. will anything happen?

FYI:

tyres: Goodyear Revspec RS-02

better be safe than sorry... money can earn back ... but accident once happen its done..

(edited)

bought it from P** H***

I tot this is a place where mostly people recommend for tyres and rims?

Edited by Bladerunner
↡ Advertisement