LTA pin to PI dealer ... Safe to do so?

Gylgyl

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I need some advice from u guys ...

if i am trading in the old car for a new car in a PI shop... they now ask for the LTA pin i have for the old car... is it safe to do so... what could be the worst senario it can happened...

↡ Advertisement

What LTA PIN? Are you talking about the SingPASS password? You should never EVER pass your SingPASS password to anyone. [shocked]

How come they ask u for it? They request a transaction pin by letting u sign a form (cannot rem offhand wad is the number) so that they can effect the transaction online but this shouldnt involve u as they deal directly with LTA.

Yah, never never give them ur Singpass.

You mean they asked u for the transaction PIN that u have applied for under LTA for your old car? Or they just let u sign a form that authorise them to scrap your old car but in whcih case they will have the transaction PIN as well?

Anyway i did ask LTA this question on security when i scraped mine. In short the answer from them is I can check back with LTA immediately after the agent has done the transaction to ensure it is done properly. rolleyes.gif

Neutral Newbie

actually not transaction pin... but the pin to log into LTA to see your car info stuff like tat one...

Oh that PIN should be personal, no need to give to PI to do anything. Ask them what they want to do with it, and if any info needed, u login and pass them the info verbally or printout.

Hi there,

If I were not wrong, the PI requires the LTA pin. This is for the PI to use the LTA pin to key in PI bank account so that PI could transfer the money from the car scrap value to their bank account.

Anyway, please verify with the PI.

cheers

suckeR!

↡ Advertisement