New Basic I.C.E setup advise needed

Mydotcom

hi guys,

I'm planning to do a basic I.C.E setup. Wonder if this is good enough to start off.

1) Good Component Speakers for the front door.

2) Good HU.

3) SP front doors.

Do I need Amp for the above setup? Not really interested in getting woofer at this time cos I prefer to keep my boot space for the time being [:p]

↡ Advertisement

You need all the above plus a good amp.

Most high quality speakers need good clean power for optimum performance.

I'm also running without subwoofer. [;)]

I have running on infinity ref series components, Clarion 856, and Rammat sound-proofing only. No amps, no woofer, decent enough to listern to. SP doors with OK components should give some decent punchy bass. Good HU will help in clarity.

I have yet to add amp after all this time, but will definitely add when I settle my woofer set-up. Add together.

Neutral Newbie

Mayb u would want to check out soundwerkz. They have a few $1k packages as their Re-location Promo. I find it very value for money for the products they bundled [thumbsup] And u can chose what preferences of sound u wan with the packages [sunny]

hi guys,

I'm planning to do a basic I.C.E setup. Wonder if this is good enough to start off.

1) Good Component Speakers for the front door.

2) Good HU.

3) SP front doors.

Do I need Amp for the above setup? Not really interested in getting woofer at this time cos I prefer to keep my boot space for the time being [:p]

good speakers + good HU + SP but without amp is like wearing a nice tailored shirt (HU), tailored pants (speakers) and a nice tie (SP), but without a belt to hold up the pants.

pardon my lousy analogy [laugh]

• Praise 1

haiz.... its such a headache to shop for I.C.E [sweatdrop]

If i don't intend to blast my music, then is amp still really that important? [confused]

Neutral Newbie

can't the good HU play music at beautiful listening volumes within its design limit of 17W RMS power output?

what benefit would i get if i buy an amp then? amp so expensive ....

Neutral Newbie

last tum got one head very shiok, he tell me no amp no shiok ... i actually believed him!!

having an amp is not so that you can blast your music.

an amp provides good clean power to drive your speakers. they can make sound deeper and richer.

it is not a must. but since you mentioned you wanna get good speakers and good HU, it shows that you have a certain expectation on ICE.

in that case, why not getting an amp to do your speakers justice? [:)]

• Praise 1

see my reply above.

having a good HU and speakers is like having a WRX. it has the potential of 225bhp.

no amp is like driving the WRX slowly. It still moves, but not to its full potential.

when its not performing to its full potential, the feel (sound) is not nice.

in that case, why get a WRX? will be getting off getting a no frills car. (i.e: normal component speakers and normal HU)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I think it would be good for the Thread Starter to listen to his preferred setup without an amp and subsequently add an amp (helix? rockford? alpine? etc) to the same setup and listen to the same song.

See if the TS prefer which one.. with amp or without amp?

Anyway, as many gurus here used to say, we must judge by our own ear on what we like. Afterall, it is our own hard earned money :)

2 cents.

cheers

haiz.... its such a headache to shop for I.C.E [sweatdrop]

If i don't intend to blast my music, then is amp still really that important? [confused]

Why not join us tomorrow night for our weekly ICE meetup & check out the guys'/gals' setup. You can then form your own conclusion as to what you want to achieve.

Mayb u would want to check out soundwerkz. They have a few $1k packages as their Re-location Promo. I find it very value for money for the products they bundled [thumbsup] And u can chose what preferences of sound u wan with the packages [sunny]

I am sorry, but i can't help it when people begin to outrightly recommend installers in this forum. I know u have good intentions, but what if the guy really goes to the installer and then get a bad experience? This will tarnish the good name of this forum. Next time, I suggest you pm instead, if you really want to recommend. ok?

↡ Advertisement