5K Servicing

Ommph

(edited)

Erm, just wanna check with all the experts here...wat does skoda do for 5K "servicing"??

Mine is due and when i called up to ask if i can delay since i m not available these few days, the advisor told me dat it is ok...i an delay all i want since it is just doing some readings....then i still need to go or not??sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

N is it advisable to change the engine oil n filter at this stage? Somehow, i dun feel secure to only change my engine oil n filter at 15K.unimpressed.gif

Edited by Ommph
↡ Advertisement

hi sis, they will simply connect a fault code reader to your ECU and check if there are fault codes (you can even buy one yourself from UK or USA, or China, if you have lobang). Typically, no problems one and takes less than a minute. The oil change is another matter of course, depending on draining and all. But nothing much else I believe.

bless

tashi

So..it is a "servicing" in name only.....sigh~~~~~~~~!

Shall go to my mechanic for oil change then.

(edited)

Suggest that you go for the first 5,000km servicing. You might like to know that the oil changed is a little different in terms of thinkness due to the new engine...everything is tight and requires some resetting...smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif thereafter, I would suggest that you look for alternative servcing centres

Edited by Fortress

Oh...any suggestion on the oil to be used? or any service centre dat i shld go to???

or simply let me be the carrot for AD?sweatdrop.gif

If you can enlighten on this statement "or simply let me be the carrot for AD?sweatdrop.gif".

As for the oil, will not be a concern, just follow the standards. It is the re-setting of the car that will concern me more. Prefer to go for that, then look for alternatives.

dat sentence mean...i shall get AD to change oil for me...n charge me high dollar for their labour...sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Ok..i shall go for the re-setting of the car.

Thanks, bro! smile.gif

read somewhere that STAR also do VAG .... and they provide original parts too.

But their website mentioned that they use Castrol. Not too sure if you would want to pay for Castrol or like Castrol. Think you can bring your own oil.

Maybe u can call up & ask & let us know too ?

(edited)

ok..i got a STAR workshop just behind my office...shall call n ask them.

Will feedback here once i asked.

Did anyone do oil change during 5K? just curious.

Edited by Ommph

5K is not servicing. It is just a 'health' check, mainly visuals.

No oil nor parts are changed.

Workshop will make good whatever owner is not happy with, if any.

Purpose is to ensure that all systems are working as it should.

Oil change is not necessary. My first oil change was at 15K.

No worries.

↡ Advertisement