have fun. wave.gif

↡ Advertisement

Ok. Let me kick-start.

Did anyone of you came up with a step by step guide on:

1) Cleaning throttlebody

2) Fitting aircon filter

[:)]

hmmmmm... dont think so ley.

maybe its easier to do a live demo than in words.

and I dont think any of the guys have taken pictures of it.

anyone ?

anyway, if you want to do it, please get ready the following items :

1) carb cleaner

2) lots of rags and clothe

3) aircon filter material (buy at daiso ? anyone can clarify ?)

4) some double-sided tape

Neutral Newbie

linus have you tried the cairefresh a/c filter? dunno available for 323 or not but it's pretty good..........http://www.cairefresh.com/

(edited)

ah bro... i got some pics here on the cleaning of throttlebody.

have a look.

post-2-1185248477_thumb.jpg

post-2-1185248478_thumb.jpg

post-2-1185248479_thumb.jpg

post-2-1185248480_thumb.jpg

post-2-1185248481_thumb.jpg

Edited by Linus

basically, once you have taken out the rubber tubing, you need to spray the carb cleaner into the TB and open up the valves inside. spray into the valves and use the clothe to reach in as deep as possible. you will see black deposits on the clothe. [dead]

Neutral Newbie

if the car has run up high mileage, cleaning or changing the MAF sensor is also impt....in my own cars I've found that a dirty MAF sensor affects the car's response/function etc more than a dirty carb coz new cars ecm/ecu depend on the reading from the sensor when adjusting timing advance and air/fuel ratio.

sometimes cleaning it with the wrong cleaner will spoil it. what you could diy is perhaps borrow or share and buy a new one and test that against your old one. the last time i changed mine....wow....it really changed the way the car performed....running open pod usually the MAF sensor is really dirty after 3 years of driving.

some food for thought...... [;)]

Neutral Newbie

well 2 things i put in my mazda previously. the cairefresh and a high ioniser....result....plenty of fresh nice smelling air.....took out the stock filter got a big shock!! yucks!!! and why ioniser? because air 'refresheners' don't get rid of 'funky' smells in the car they just mask them......hehe.....

but like i wrote, dunno whether cairefresh got to fit tarzanboy or not.....maybe can modify.

Ok. Let me kick-start.

Did anyone of you came up with a step by step guide on:

1) Cleaning throttlebody

2) Fitting aircon filter

[:)]

this 2 will take a few posts...cause quite a few steps involved.

anyway i think linus has outlined the TB part. I'll just briefly mention the air con filter

1) the 323 got no pre-installed aircon filter. u can buy filters from Daiso or air con shop.

2) remove the glove compartment. its a bit hard to remove/put back, cause its hard to see where the catch is. dave help me yank it out the last time

3) there's a opening on the left hand side. measure it and cut the filter to size

4) use masking/double side tape to secure the filter to the opening

5) replace the glove compartment

I have no problems yanking out the glove compartment cos I used to change my aircon panel lights. Its just that I'm not sure which place to put the filter.

At least I know now. Thanks, bro! [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Ya, It can be quite sensitive but it is still possible to clean without damaging it. I just took it out, jet-blast the bulb-shape sensor & resistor wire with plenty of contact-cleaner. Flick the map sensor a bit, let it evaporate & install back. Everything's ok. I usually do it about 3 months once. [:)]