Schaeffer Superme 9000

Oriki

Neutral Newbie

Has any1 tried this oil before?

think it's fully sync, compared to 7000 which is semi-sync?

thx

↡ Advertisement

The current Schaeffer #9000 5w40 fully synthetic are dual rated API SL/CI-4+ engine oil, with pretty good HTHS of 4.57 thus ensuring very good protection under high load.

The latest #9000 5w30 fully synthetic was launch May07 and meets API SM and ACEA A5/B5-04 spec. It's using very similar additives package with the #7000 but improves on the base stocks to group III & IV.

More information can be found here:

http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/9003.pdf

(edited)

can run in diesel veh, go more than 10k, tuah up and down genting, redline at 160km/h, and still smooth [:p]

Edited by Furrynadz

Well, you will not find any feedback for #9000 5w30 yet because the product had just been launch 2mth ago and will only reach Sg in mid Aug07.

Do a search in BITOG: http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/pos...at=0&Board=UBB3

Most Schaeffer #7000 Semi Syn are being run >16k km with very good results, i would expect the more advance #9000 to at least go 20k km.

U mentioned that #7k can last >16k km? Is it Sg condition or overseas?

Neutral Newbie

i'm still got 8k more to reach 10k for my run of schaeffers 5w20. if it can last in my dohc oil chewer, sure can last longer in sohc engines.

rp was wasted @ 8k km

esso 5w40 syn managed 10k km with abit of life left.

m1 10w30 was also wasted @ 10k km

my driving style, lots of hard rev, and 50/50 city/highway.

still left with 8 bottles, can't wait to try amsoil 0w20.. hopefully by next year [laugh]

Hi, if you do alot of hard rev, would Amsoil 0w20 be too thin? i use Amsoil 10w30, now cross 11000km, so far still ok. maybe a 10w30 will be more suitable? trex also carry it. i have tried Royal purple 5w20 and Castrol 0w30, both i find slightly too thin for long distance driving, so maybe will also be too thin for hard rev?

↡ Advertisement