Schaeffer Superme 9000

Oriki

How thick or thin a oil is relative to the engine oil temp.

For example, a 40wt oil would act like a 30wt in a turbo engine(avg 110+'c under heavy throttle) or a 30wt oil will act like a 40wt in a NA engine(avg 90+'c under heavy throttle). All depends on oil temp.

Occasional sprinting or high reving during overtaking will not bring up the oil temp too much, that why i'm still running on 20wt oil after so many yrs.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

besides what terrence mentioned

long distance driving? for how long? if u r screaming down the NSHW non-stop, then maybe 10w30 would be a better choice due to the slightly higher than usual oil temp.

i've done non-stop to malacca with 20wt and didn't notice higher wear than usual. of course going to the track with a 20wt is brave [:p]

Neutral Newbie

OK - thanks for the info!

Just did my regular servicing yesterday.

I am using a mixture of Royal Purple 5W20 and 10W30. Had some leftover bottles to use up!

[nod]

schaffer oil is good [thumbsup] .... am using 7000 5-20wt ...now coming to 10k still smooth...

some more got offer, so tempted to stock up...

if semi syn 7000 can go at least 10k.... i could not imagine how much mileage the fully syn 9000 series can go [thumbsup]

Haha.. not so soon, maybe end of next yr. I'll be going over this Nov for a recon mission, look see look see. My children Pre-school and childcare must be taken care off first before looking for suitable home.

Edited by Trex101