Schaeffer Superme 9000

Oriki

Pardon me for digging up this old thread...

I've came across Y2013 VOA for the few popular synthetic engine oil such as Castrol Edge, Mobil 1, PP, PU, QSUD, Schaeffer #9000, etc.

http://pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/Marchs...csallfinal.html

Its interesting to note that Castrol Edge is using much more magnesium as detergent additive as compared to the typical calcium detergent used by other engine oil....

Also, Schaeffer #9000 is the only engine oil which uses Antimony additive, I read this additive function similiar as Moly. Good stuff. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Pardon me for digging up this old thread...

I've came across Y2013 VOA for the few popular synthetic engine oil such as Castrol Edge, Mobil 1, PP, PU, QSUD, Schaeffer #9000, etc.

http://pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/Marchs...csallfinal.html

Its interesting to note that Castrol Edge is using much more magnesium as detergent additive as compared to the typical calcium detergent used by other engine oil....

Also, Schaeffer #9000 is the only engine oil which uses Antimony additive, I read this additive function similiar as Moly. Good stuff. [thumbsup]

Thank you for the useful link.

In your opinion, what you think for the Pennzoil Ultra?

Thank you for the useful link.

In your opinion, what you think for the Pennzoil Ultra?

I read QSUD, PP and PU all used GTL technology for the base oil, hence the outstanding NOACK value. All three additive pack seems similiar with PU slightly higher amount of ZDDP, and the difference is PU has Boron additive, I think thats an AW and detergent additive. Also PU is very thin oil for a 30 weight. The moly in these three oil and Mobil 1 is not high but I read its likely the tri-moly additive from Infineum, so below 80ppm it can function well.

Hypersonic

I read QSUD, PP and PU all used GTL technology for the base oil, hence the outstanding NOACK value. All three additive pack seems similiar with PU slightly higher amount of ZDDP, and the difference is PU has Boron additive, I think thats an AW and detergent additive. Also PU is very thin oil for a 30 weight. The moly in these three oil and Mobil 1 is not high but I read its likely the tri-moly additive from Infineum, so below 80ppm it can function well.

I am using the PU 5W40 Euro.

I am using the PU 5W40 Euro.

If yours is the 40 weight oil then these VOA might not be relevant to you. Because the VOA link are engine oil covers under ILSAC GF-5 oil, and 40 weight oil are out of this scope. For example, 40 weight oil does not have phosphorus maximium limit, hence the additive package may be different.

↡ Advertisement