High-Performance Mitsubishi Lancer Spied - Ralliart??

Mtoh

Neutral Newbie

High-Performance Mitsubishi Lancer Spied

Ralliart ?

The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer is already on sale in three different models (DE, ES, and GTS), all powered by a 2.0 liter inline 4-cylinder engine. Now these latest photos taken in Death Valley capture a high-performance prototype being tested in hot weather conditions.

One look at the huge dual exhaust pipes makes it clear that this is not the standard 2-liter engine. A look at the front also shows an intercooler mounted just behind the lower grille opening. Without question, this thing is turbocharged.

But what is it, exactly? Mitsubishi is famous for its high-performance Lancer Evo, but the Evo always has a huge rear spoiler and bulging fender flares. This wolf in sheep

post-2-1185619050_thumb.jpg

post-2-1185619051_thumb.jpg

post-2-1185619052_thumb.jpg

post-2-1185619053_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

[thumbsup] nice piece of infor.

There are already news(or rumors) saying that Ralliart version of lancer will be in

production.. soon.

So now, i guess its a matter of what engine(cc) would it be using, its specs, and its price.

However, i do hope that the actual ralliart lancer would look more agressive than this

one. Not much diff from a normal lancer except for its front grill, dual exhaust pipes

and intercooler.

But the previous Lancer Ralliart Turbo was also visually similar to its lesser brethren - you really had to be an enthusiast to spot the differences. Its sleeper approach could be carried through to the current shape Lancer, so that only "those in the know" could tell the difference between a turbocharged Lancer and the cooking-model types.

My guess would be a FWD powertrain mated to a turbocharged engine developing maybe 200-220hp, to address the question posed by competitors such as the Civic Type R and Golf GTi.

It has to remain a bit de-tuned so that there is room for the upcoming Evo X to show why its the top Lancer model.

Neutral Newbie

the 2.4L will be for US market.

a 1.8L Turbo or the 1.5L Turbo will be just nice....

Would be interesting to see what specs they are offering at the end of the day. And I agreed that 1.8L TCed version might just be the one.

Neutral Newbie

i know that the current 1.8L turbo block from lancer can be easily tune up to 190 wif just ECU tuning...

Neutral Newbie

I guess it would be at least 1.8l. cos even for 1.5l turbo, the HP wouldnt be much of a diff as compared to the 2l engine one.

some people dun like turbo cars mah.

and the 2L will be cheaper than the 1.8L turbo.. so people will still buy.

think audi A4 1.8T and 2.0NA.