How much must one earn to buy 300k car?

Higgsboson

Me personally will only buy $300K car if my annual income $500K or more. I do not want my car to be equivalant to one full year salary or more, unless this is a car that I not only drive, but also live in.

Some pple bought a $60K car when their annual income is only 1/2 of it [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

This is a common trend in S'pore, not living within your means.

My take home is not 5 digits, but I can easily afford (meaning i don't have to sell away anything or eat bread everyday) a $300K car now if I choose not to save any $ monthly, but why would I want to do that? What do I gain by driving a $300K car?

Edited by Sgnick
  • Praise 1

my friend used to tell me, life is short enjoy while we can. and he's driving a big cc car when he doesn't need a car in the first place

If your friend is big $$$ earner, than he's entitled to enjoy life now, need car or not doesn't matter. Nobody needs to live in condo, but I still see many people living in condo anyway. Needs vs Wants

Normally if one got the spare cash or not facing any financial problem will say such thing, if one day suddenly no money, will surely regret why never spend wisely and save up those money that spend on splurging luxuries.

people who buy $300K most likely do not earn a fix monthly income.

moreover

1. the $300K may not be the only car

2. if the car is $300K, most likely the owner stay in private home

3. cannot sustain depreciation and finance interest when change car every 3-5 years

To afford a 300k car comfortably monthly income should be in the range of 30k and above.

These days see many big cc car on the road.

Just wondering how much must one earn at least in a year to buy 300k car?

Any idea?

Actually it depends on your lifestyle rather than how much you earn.

There's no hard fixed benchmark but rather than how comfortable you are with the payment and upkeep of the car.

wonder RadX ever sell any coffin cost 300K [:|]

people who buy $300K most likely do not earn a fix monthly income.

moreover

1. the $300K may not be the only car

2. if the car is $300K, most likely the owner stay in private home

You brought up a very good point for discussion:

1. indeed, if someone have $300k car, they may own at least 2 car, and for the sake of discussion, by having 2 cars, do we still perceive that the person is living beyond his means? or the impression is different with 2 or more cars?

2. for discussion (as we seen some towkay stay in hdb drive big cars) - if the $300k car owner with 2 or more cars stays in public home, what is the perception then?

FYI, it's not Radx.. he don't own the company alone, you know.. [:/]

and yes, we do have one that cost 300k but that's just the mid range.. we have the high end model with gull wing style of opening and can self destruct itself without the aid of oven. It comes with twin scroll TC to aid the burning...

a diamond encased urn will be include together with the latest technology driven vaccum sucker to make sure everything is intact..

BTW, even if you got money, we might not want to sell. It's by invitation only. [:)]

(edited)

sorry keep forgeting u and rash!T got share in the company... [:/]

Edited by Nkps

a wise person won't even buy a 200k car if earning 300k per year. not even a 100k.

a few of my bosses who is a millionaire drinks sunny Camry accord or mst expensive bm 5series

my friend used to tell me, life is short enjoy while we can. and he's driving a big cc car when he doesn't need a car in the first place

People who think this way has a tendency to live long & need to pick cardboard later [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
These days see many big cc car on the road.

Just wondering how much must one earn at least in a year to buy 300k car?

Any idea?

IMO, it doesn't matter how much he earns.

As long as he needs to take a loan to buy the 300k car, he shouldn't be buying one.

↡ Advertisement