Metro closing down sales

Ms_tan

Alamak... that was my fave too... the round ones these days just don't cut it [:p]

Whoah!! Really cool to find some one with the same taste! [thumbsup]

Do u noe anywhere that still have it?

↡ Advertisement

but sell until nothing to sell how? the sales still need to go on mah??

You would wonder how much of the inventory they stockpile. But while the sale is carrying on, they are moving goods as well. Thats through my observations...

Oh dear. I still have a valid $30 Seiyu shopping voucher. Exchanged for it long ago using my DBS points. Dunno can use at BHG or not... if not wasted my hard earned points man bigcry.gif

maybe still can use.

i think Seiyu now change name to BHG.

and not changing hands.

Neutral Newbie
Oh dear. I still have a valid $30 Seiyu shopping voucher. Exchanged for it long ago using my DBS points. Dunno can use at BHG or not... if not wasted my hard earned points man [bigcry]

Received letter from BHG stating that all terms & conditions remain... Meaning, Seiyu card has been replaced by BHG card but discount still same... Perhaps your voucher still valid for a certain period bah.. Do make enquire ..

dats why we got to look beyond the brand..

me using TCL tv since xmas 2004...

still no prob...

not like my old sony tv...

less then 3 yrs...purple patch on the screen..

though sound system of sony was great...we ended up selling it real fast..

but my grandma's old sony tv from the 70s..the wooden type..

dat one is diff...managed to use bout 30yrs...thumbsup.gif

Hahaha..... I m using RCA TV..... made in china. Less than $200 for 21". Been using it for 3 years and absolutely no problems so far. Some more not many people heard of this brand so they think it is some exotic good.... until I tell them the price and where it is made in. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Recently went to BKK and saw TOPS! thumbsup.gif

ya.... TOPS is all over Bkk. From major shopping centers to residential estates. In fact you can find them all over thailand.

• Praise 1

Also gone are Yokoso, Fitzpatrick & Daimaru.

Fitzpatrick...... now that is a really really really old brand. My Grandpa use to work for them. Later they became Cold Storage. Not sure if it was a takeover or change in management?

Yokoso was near City Plaza right? Dunnoe wat Tanjong Katong Shopping Complex is it? But they didn't last too long.

Daimaru lasted much longer. Use to go there quite often to jalan jalan. Back then Clark Quay where still have loads of toy stores and the Sun Flea Market. But the dept store is gone and now the supermarket in is changed to Meidi-ya. Doesn't feel the same anymore. And of course the Toy Stores and Flea Market are gone.

Alamak... that was my fave too... the round ones these days just don't cut it [:p]

Whoah!! Really cool to find some one with the same taste! [thumbsup]

Do u noe anywhere that still have it?

I have seen them at Takashimaya basement [:p]

Metro closing down sales @ Century Square... Sales till National Day...

Are they also closing their Paragon outlet? Quite difficult to survive on departmental stores. Some already closed, like Cortina, Yaohan, Sogo, .. etc. I think only Robinson did the best so far. OG biz also like dying liao.....

• Praise 1

dats why we got to look beyond the brand..

me using TCL tv since xmas 2004...

still no prob...

not like my old sony tv...

less then 3 yrs...purple patch on the screen..

though sound system of sony was great...we ended up selling it real fast..

but my grandma's old sony tv from the 70s..the wooden type..

dat one is diff...managed to use bout 30yrs...thumbsup.gif

Hahaha..... I m using RCA TV..... made in china. Less than $200 for 21". Been using it for 3 years and absolutely no problems so far. Some more not many people heard of this brand so they think it is some exotic good.... until I tell them the price and where it is made in. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

hey..why urs cheaper then mine ah...mine is $199 for 21"...furious.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

but RCA..me oso never heard b4 tongue.gif

but still going strong..so i suppose for u @ least..there goes the myth that china things do not last...sly.gif

actualli the same goes for me too tongue.gifPosted ImagePosted Image

I have seen them at Takashimaya basement

===========================================

Really!! You got try or not? Does it taste as good? I must go check it out. kekekekeke.....

Really? BHG is taking over?

I had been wondering who has the capability to take over 3 levels of retail space....

Btw, what do u tink of the name "BHG" ?

Still not really accustom to the name. I m still stuck with Seiyu.....

========================

BHG (Be Here for Good things [laugh] ) is Beijing Hualian Group. I hear they also taking over the Tampines Metro. They buy over Seiyu & maybe Metro even. [sly]

BHG stands for wat???

Bugis junction's Seiyu also changed to this BHG thingy...

Big Horny Guy??

====================

[laugh][laugh][laugh][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Or Big Horny Ger? [laugh]

I can't quite remember but I think I paid like $159 or $179...... but for sure cheaper than TCL otherwise I would have bought TCL already. In fact it is cheaper than those 2nd sony or toshiba sets on eBay. [laugh][laugh]