Mit Lancer EX GT 2.0M Review..finally in SG with even more pix

Nikolaiski

Neutral Newbie

http://www.xxxxxxx.com/articles/article.p...pageid=1&view=1

For all you Lancer fanboys..here is the review..heh

Be sure to go down to C&C to try the GT out for yourself..it really is a very different car, especially because it is now based on the Ang Moh Mitsubishi Outlander/Dodge Caliber platform..

I really think this car is great, compared to the Lancer GLX...good competition for the Civic 2.0 Si.

anyone with the 2.0Si Manual Civic want to compare for my articles? it will be interesting to see the str8 line acceleration and cornering abilities of both!

Edited by Nikolaiski
↡ Advertisement

"...no less than a ten inch subwoofer in the booth."

Which part of a car is the booth?? It is commonly called either boot (Brit) or trunk (US) - pick one.

I usually don't bother - but your typo is too glaring since you have been busy promoting your website in quite a few forums.

Edited by Ml2spin

Neutral Newbie

I've test driven the Lancer GT(M) too and felt disappointed...really..it wasn't up to my xpectation despite all the hype surrounding it.

Straight-line acceleration vs Civic Si?Lancer can be left behind struggling to keep up with the Civic by more a car length at least..(whether 18-inch heavy wheels play a part?)honestly...the new 4B11 engine of the new Lancer is lethargic and noisy when revved,compared to the sweet-sounding K20A of the Honda. [thumbsup]

To me, worth commending in the Lancer GT wld be it's taut chassis and it's continental handling of the ride.A class act which betters the Civic.K20A is still one of the best 2.0 engine $$ can buy. [thumbsup]

Sorry to all Lancer fans if my review is too straightforward coz u'll get the most truthful reviews in forums without any carrot by the AD! As i initially plan 2 change my current K20A ride to the Lancer 2.0 GT but after test driven it,will re-think whether should I wait for the Ralliart turbo Lancer GT instead. [gossip]

http://www.worldcarfans.com/6070727.003/hi...hi-lancer-spied

When I've test driven the Lancer 2.0 GT, ther was another customer test-driving it before me and I saw him again at Honda shwroom which he've juz finished test driven the Civic 2.0 Si(M).Had a small chat and he too,was disappointed at the Lancer 2.0 GT lucklustre performance when pitted aganist the Civic Si.

However,price of the Civic Si is well almost 8-10K above the price of the Lancer GT which makes Lancer GT quite value for money buy! [thumbsup]

Edited by Ivtecody

aiya... nothing to b sollie about. it's a good FIRST international attempt by MMC mah. at least they dun fall prey to the Jap design team and taken a large conti input fr MMCNA.

hopefully they sell more of this and able to finance the next refinement quickly enuff.

but heh, noisy engine... wat's there to comprain????? pple even pay $$$ to cut muffler just to have it, and here u got it free and LTA approved.

want quiet engine get lexus lor... lidat civic engine also no compare tio boh?

for ur info, K20A is honda's Type R engine found in the Civic Type R FD2, EP3, Integra Type R DC5, Accord Euro R CL7.

Civic 2.0SI is using K20Z2. its a completely different engine from K20A.

which K20A car are u driving now?

Noisy then put soundproofing lor.

Since its cheaper and slower than Civic then no point trying to match it on performance already.

Civic platform has disc brakes all the way across the range.

But when you say "continental handling" do you simply mean that the car feels heavy to drive?

Neutral Newbie
http://www.xxxxxxx.com/articles/article.p...pageid=1&view=1

For all you Lancer fanboys..here is the review..heh

Be sure to go down to C&C to try the GT out for yourself..it really is a very different car, especially because it is now based on the Ang Moh Mitsubishi Outlander/Dodge Caliber platform..

I really think this car is great, compared to the Lancer GLX...good competition for the Civic 2.0 Si.

anyone with the 2.0Si Manual Civic want to compare for my articles? it will be interesting to see the str8 line acceleration and cornering abilities of both!

I tested the lancer 2.0(A) over the weekend and here are my findings..

1) Cornering 2 cars are equally on par.....

2) The interior wise...civic is better...

3) Paddle shift on the lancer is more user friendly....U no need to push the stick to "S" mode for lancer but on the civic u need..( If i am rite )

4) The alarm system on the lancer is much better then civic

5) The car boot for lancer seems smaller

6) Straight line acc, civic is better..lancer need awhile for the "push" to be felt.

7) Engine liveness...goes to civic...

8) Steering feel, lancer is heavier becoz using hydraulic....individual preference.

I am comparing Civic 2.0A to lancer 2.0A...but i drive civic 2.0M. Maybe i should get my hands on the Manual one and try....

Neutral Newbie

Bro...as i expected...the SI(M) should be faster than 2.0GT....2.0SI using K20Z...built for more lowend torque than highend...

I picked up the Autocar mag yesterday.

The review is encouraging and then again it is subject to one's opinion.

Price wise, the Lancer GT is more affordable. If Civic can bring the price down then it be good but I heard they are not known to do that.

Neutral Newbie

If i am not wrong, OMV for lancer might be $18k+...civic is ard 20K+....so OMV got diff liao.....and this is amplified through the final selling price....

quite disappointed after reading your review, think no meaning to wait Lancer 2.0 GT laio [shakehead]

bloodi civic 2.0 beyond my budget, forget about change car lah [:/]

anyone try Lancer 1.5, how is it compare to Latio/Vios/City??

BTW, where can I get new Lancer Spec?

Edited by Quantum

laugh.gif Good review... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

In terms of engine liveness, goes to Honda cars...

personally, I dun like the integrated ICE system.... lipsrsealed.gif

hee hee... i would wait till end of the year for the Ralliart Lancer Edition. Should be an exciting ride with to compete with the rest of the turbo cars. drivingcar.gifdrivingcar.gif

Neutral Newbie

the Lancer 2.0 GT is nothing more than adding high spoiler, 18" rims and Rockford system to the Lancer 2.0 Sport which is lip spoiler, 17" rims and factory audio. So not too worthwhile to get the GT, might as well get the sports version.

CVT gear box is reported to be cranky and may pose prob in later years. The manual is a better option.

In Sg roads, driving manual can be tiring but it gives a true driving experience. I miss manual really. It would be a pleasure driving in NS highway in Msia.

To other Bro who are changing to GT, I kinda envy you guys. For me, I prob can change next year or the following year.

there's lowered and stiffer suspension and front strut bar for the GT also.

but i agree that all these added up is not worth the additional 10k over the 1.5.

the difference in OMV only 2k ++ but sell price difference is 10k++

why envy leh? be happy with what you have, rather than be unhappy with what you don't have [sly]

alot of singaporeans can't afford cars. so count your blessings [sunny]

I am sure anyone who own cars is becos they work for it.

If I have to change now, the GT come into mind.

Now I shall wait for FR

↡ Advertisement