Why employers perfer males when it comes to professional jobs...

Gearoil

Why employers perfer males when it comes to professional jobs...  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• They leave with the slightest whim if they can afford to becos they seem to think their hubby can provide.
    • Besides being besiged with more 'medical problems' they bring their domestic problems to work too!
    • Some might even want to reserve their post while they go on 'long leave' for whatever reasons.
    • Work performance aside, they seem to be less loyal to their employers in the long term.
    • They seem not to be able to take the harsdness in the work culture that is prevalent in certain industries.
    • Their ability to command respect in the execution of certain task still leaves much to be desired.
    • They seem to think little about how much an employer has invested in them before quitting.
    • Whenever they can't cope with their job scope they'll eithier opt to quit or want a transfer.
    • Others, please specify.

Though many who are employers practise this, few would ever openly vouch that this is true in their own practice.

Performance in work aside ( the male and female have different edge ), the overall package seem less attractive when it comes to hiring a female.

Besides the part where employers can be left to 'fill the blanks' when such females employees go on maternity leave...there are more hidden but proven industy facts as to why employers have come to be biased towards employing female when it comes to highly skilled and management posts.

What are your views?...male and female views are welcome! [;)]

↡ Advertisement

besides the obvious like maternity which you have mentioned, the less obvious is that, in a workplace a rational character is always preferred to an emotional character. By rule of thumb there are more emotional women than men around. So by this simple logic, it is also natural for the employer to employ slightly more males.

but for my line, i slightly prefer woman more than man as woman are generally more meticulous and able to highlight the details to me better.

How often can a woman get pregnant?

On the other hand, Singaporean men have to go for ICTs and maybe RT. This is work disruption on a regular, yearly basis. It makes men even less desirable to hire imho.

other than getting pregnant. got to take care of children. woman's job.

man are more likely to work longer as they are the money making machine of the house.

For every high key ot low key ICT males employees have to attend...they return with something learnt which is useful for individual character building and mamagement skills enhancement...definitely beneificial to any professional organisation...

For the 9 months + more months of maternity leave for female employees do they return any benefit to the organisation? [sly][laugh][laugh]

I thought you should have figured this out! [laugh]

these are more regular but shorter disruptions.

in a workplace, especially in singapore context whereby staff multi-task and undertake many chores, a 2-month or 3-month maternity break means a critical need to hire stand-in and allow a period of proper handover.

for ICT that usually last 2 week at the most, it is like the employee going for 2-week leave, not so critical to hire replacement. Just pile up the work for himlaugh.giflaugh.gif

9months + maternity? crazy.gif

since when women can stop working the moment they got pregnant? crazy.gif

Which country are you from? [dizzy]

Edited by Slowmo

I disagree bro. Some ICT takes 3 weeks. And if the position is critical to an organisation, it can potentially spell trouble.

normally if the position is critical in the organisation, it means the guy is drawing a high salary for him to stay in tis critical position... and wif tis high salary, garment cant afford to get them back for ict... [lipsrsealed]

Not really true.

This guy from my reservist unit is a partner from a Big 4 audit company and SAF still call him back.

Anyway, if you work for a small company, every person is critical.

Edited by Ahtong

You mean for the 9 months + maternity they still 'CAN WORK'? [sly]

I rather put it as they are working for the first few months like a 'HANDICAPPED worker'! [laugh]

Never base your beliefs on news items, survey views and supposedly data gathering...they don't reflect the true picture....maybe if you are referring to it becoming a possibility 5000 years from now! [sly][laugh]

i don't disagree with you that there are certain positions for which 3 weeks of unattended to is critical.

what i only meant to disagree is with his point that maternity leave is less problematic than ICT.

↡ Advertisement