Any good car rental to recommend? that open during weekends?

Veximan

yes, but if i am not mistaken the rent would be higher???

but please bear this in mind, the excess is like $4,000.... as in excess before insurance will pay for anything [lipsrsealed]

if you are interested, i can rent u my car for every weekend but it has to be on an ongoing basis else no point for me. take over on fri evenin and return on sunday evening. pm me if any interest for discussion (no discussion in open forum pls).

pal, i have to warn you first...

your car insurance, i believe it doesn't allow rental right? and for any un-named driver, and worst still P-plater, the excess is going to be [shocked]

and you better check ur insurance... some insurance DUN cover if anything happens to the car under "rental"... you will be on ur own [sweatdrop]

seen too many p platers who love fast and furious... esp guys...

Edited by Weixiang_06

thanks. i was aware, but there is some scheme for private owner to rent out rite? yes, need to top up insurance. so the numbers must make sense or else rent out your private car to total strangers for some $ for what.

i approaching it from rent-your-spare-room perspective.

i think so.. but if i were you, i won't even consider about renting the car out...

let's just say, the person just happy happy redline ur car from time to time.. drag gears and perform some street racing...

you might not notice the difference, but say few months down the road.. your car's transmission, engine would be up lorry [lipsrsealed]

Agree,

Or the guy just enjoy carpark H. [sly]

Or worst you read fellow MCF friend blacklist your ride, becos the guy drive too guai lan.

[thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

Car Rental, WEEKEND PACKAGE SPECIAL! From $180. Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 A for rent.

Free baby & child seats. For family driving only pls.

Interested, pls call 97327736.

Am sharing my feedback on car rental company - Dream Car Rental located at Geylang East.

The experience was far from a dream and felt literally like a nightmare.

Firstly when I asked for the leasing agreement upon the rental, the staff - Raymond & Gary claimed that their carbon copy was not in use, so I could not get a copy of it. But when I insisted, they then appeared angry and insisted that it's their company legal document & I could not have a copy of it even though I signed the agreement and I had no rights to it, unless I resort to legal means.

Secondly, as there was no proper documentation, they maintained that there was no need for either party to take note of the presenting faults of the rental vehicle prior to me taking over it as they claimed that they were honest & reliable. Yet when I returned the vehicle, they accused me of damaging the tyre rim, when in the first place, it was already noted when I collected the vehicle.

Thirdly, I was appalled by their lack of professionalism. I got into an incident as the rental vehicle was being damaged without my knowledge when I parked it. Upon discovering it, I immediately contacted them upon their initial advice, and I was then accused of lying about the cause of the incident, even though I already clearly expressed my intention to pay for the damage and I fully bore the costs of the repair. To top it up, when I returned the vehicle and when they accused of damaging their tyre rim, they further shouted at me, accused me of "acting" and threatened to blacklist me from the rental company.

It really felt that they were trying to take advantage of me, being a mere lady who has just gotten her licence. For someone who has strived to be a responsible driver and person, yet being accused otherwise without concrete evidence, I felt extremely distressed.

It was overall a very awful experience. The company has proven to be extremely unprofessional. I would never hire from this company again and I would advise the rest to reconsider.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

i also rented from them.

1sty, i am sorry to type this. I am those no troublesome customer! i have given many +ve feedback but this incident has made me upset!.

i had rented fro dream car rental recently.

Deposit:

They asked me to pay $50 even before telling me, if the car i wanted is available!

collection;

they said: my car is ready and come for collection. so i went and when i was there. They told me my car has brake problem and they swapped it to some hatchback car.

I was very disappointed! they gave me a noisy car. I waited for 1hour to just collect the car!. couldnt they have checked it thoughly before calling me!.

exhuast:

the engine was nosiy! and then when i asked them if its certified. they replied yes but the certificate is somewhere in the car. if i get stopped by LTA , they asked me to tell LTA , i lend my friend car.

seriously! if they were on the right track why cant they just show us the cert? why must i tell lta its my friend's car?

they also didn't give me any agreement copy/invoice/any receipt.

and lastly returning part:

they told me i had scratched it. when there was already a few scratches on it. They pushed the blame onto me saying i must have strike kerb. to my knowledge i didnt! and it was already in my photo.

They took $$ from me. i felt a bit day light robbery!

I cloud already deduce the lack in professionalism!

and I didnt wished to argue with them, it would have been a waste of time.

I think those considering dream car rental at geylang,should be careful.

Edited by Shark52

The reason why now I never go to those jia pa lang shop to rent car even if I needed one. Nowadays I go to Avis if I needed to rent in local or overseas. Once they arrange quite an old Camry for me, even tell me that car alot of scratches, no need to account even got new scratches. Their car all stock, no issue with exhaust.

Neutral Newbie

maybe i will try out Avis.

by the way, do anyone have any good trust able car rental services? Rates btw $50- $85/day is acceptable for me. sedan cars.

thanks alot.

Neutral Newbie

btw, how is the payment method for AVIS? do they require mastercard, visa card? or cash/ibank

↡ Advertisement