Skoda Taxi Crash - How safe is Continental Cars ?

Cbx750p

so what if those taxis are faster than WRX!!

Ermm....ppl inside it will die faster...in a crash? [lipsrsealed]

Cars are never safe on the roads to begin with. Unless it's built like a tank but no such thing.

Ppl can say all sort of things about their cars or other cars. It's just like in the old days ppl say the Titanic was unsinkable but it sunk anyway.

↡ Advertisement

seriously,nowadays i see many of these turbo diesel taxis drive like a "racer".

Yea man, I've been seeing those new taxis (Hyundai Sonatas, Merc E220 CDIs and Skoda Superb) drive super fast on expressways...always have to filter to center lane from outermost lane to give way to them.. [sweatdrop]

those taxi drivers are not driving their own cars, they rent the 'cars' from companies. therefore most of them have the bochap attitude. i believe if its one's own car, the bochap attitude will disappear.

Neutral Newbie

i oni can say tat guy really nvr c tat is a concrete or he see too much roadrunner

cartoon, well from the way he 'laup the engine' he not goin to make it loh...... no

braking marks..... haizz lucky nobody walking at the path. Couldn't imagine the whole

taxi smash until like tis, wat if the people walking down there togther smash with tat

taxi oso like smash potatoes liao [angel]

but i don want to go too fast like more than 100....

the only problem is starting off quite slow, even lorry can do better than me bigcry.gif

but after i change to 3rd gear, things are ok already....

but i can't blame anyone bec my one is so heavy.....

would changing the gear box help? wave.gif

Gear box change how your vehicle behave..... can improve alot on pick up. Improve your airflow system too.

from filter to header to exhaust. thumbsup.gif

http://kcarclubsg1975.spaces.live.com/

Turbo Diesel engines are made for torque not exactly horsepower. But its the torque that determines acceleration thats why taxis can try and qie WRXs.

Diesel engines peak horsepower comes at the red line around 5k rpm. so their top speeds is not as high as petrol engines where the peak horsepower usually comes around mid range to high range

Now I am scare of TDi Taxis. sweatdrop.gif

http://kcarclubsg1975.spaces.live.com/

Neutral Newbie
[reply]

i think most of u pple forgot that the guy who jacked the cab was (literally) nuts and didn't brake before ploughing into that wall at abt 100kmh

even if u take a drunk driver who's speeding, he will at least slow to 70 or less. though i think not much use if u crash into the solid concrete wall.

crashing into car, at least the victim have the benefit of two sets of crumple zones.. concrete wall, the car's crumple zone simply isn't enuff shakehead.gif

Maybe he dunno which pedal for Brakes? reply]

His right foot was firmly on the accelerator. [dead]