Taxi hazard light on when they brake suddenly

Fivegear

Hi,

Realise there are taxis on the road nowadays that seem to activate the hazard lights whenever they have to brake suddenly. Do you all share the same observation? [hur][hur]

↡ Advertisement

Precisely, met 2 such cases within this week. One was travelling in front of me in the centre lane when he suddenly saw someone hailing a cab by the road side, and he decided to brake and go on to the first lane. The instant he brake hard on the second lane, the hazard light came on, and went off when the brake is released.

u mean on normal road or expressway 1st lane?

if expressway 1st lane, i would appreciate it cos they are trying to indicate that there is danger in front and better be prepared to do hard braking.

but if on normal road, of cos they must be [hur] .

btw, i am cab driver hater.

[sly]

They are doing that all over the roads in SG. Siao. [hur][hur][hur] Create confusions to motorists behind them as you can't figure what's their intention really are. [rifle][rifle]

Like i said, if on expressway 1st lane, i would appreciate.

otherwise, i would horn them and drive to the side of them and stare. [sly]

Thats provided the traffic permits.

Edited by Lau_mathew

i've seen some cars with aftermarket led brake light that flashes 3 times whenever they brake.. kinda irritating during traffic jams when you behind them.. [hur]

I have seen tis one yr ago liao. I notice Nissan Latio also have tis feature, cos there was tis Latio kept braking hard in front of me on 1st lane Lornie Road!!! [:|]

Neutral Newbie

I myself practice this too. As if the front on expressway do a complete stop i.e lane 1 or 2, i'll on my hazard light to indicate that i'm doing a hard braking or complete stop. I dun wan to go into a hassle where my ass u flatten and body injury. [;)]

This is their way of saying : "Better hit the brakes now or pay dearly."

These taxi buggers have no qualms of allowing you to rear end them cos it will always be to their advantage and to your misery.

Cheers.

Yup, me too. Really helps to give the driver behind at least a couple of seconds to react when the traffic ahead suddenly slows down dramatically on the E-way. Especially in areas like PIE near BKE exit, when traffic often slows to a crawl out of the blue.

↡ Advertisement