Will U Still Eat Luncheon Meat after Current Outbreak of Pig Disease

Picnic06-Biante15

Read in today New Paper and reported by New York Times that there is serious outbreak of "Blue Ear" disease in pigs in China. [shocked][shocked]

"Chinese pork processors had denied that a serious outbreak of disease in pigs was causing a shortage in supply and driving pork prices up in China". Chinese authorities appeared unwilling to cooperate with oversea researchers. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

So, my breakfast of fried beehoon will be without luncheon meat from now on.

Recently, many things had been happening in China with the latest case of Mattel toys incident.

[furious][knife][whip] those hit & run companies in China for making fast $$ and without due care and consideration for the well being & health of the ppl.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I will abstain even though its good.

These canned processed meat are the worse because you don't know what shiit they dump into but damn they do taste good at times.

Neutral Newbie

you get the intestines, brain, bones, and tendon in most other processed food, china or otherwise.

Most of the cheap frozen franks are full of these things.

u might even find bits of a slipper from a worker who drops it into the mincer.. been to a factory in chee-na.. never had any canned food other than abalone.. [laugh]

if u seen those canned food factories in chee-na.. u will puke like no tomorrow... a single word to sum up = disgusting.

These canned processed meat are the worse because you don't know what shiit they dump into but damn they do taste good at times.

Just dump lots of MSG and sugar into sxxt and we may get tasty brownie. [nosebleed]

Most canned food are the lowest grade. Basically any leftover scraps of the carcass is thrown into the mincer.

One more thing, canned tuna also the same. All the bruised, unfresh and bad tuna are mixed with flavouring for your nice sandwiches. Yummy.

Neutral Newbie

rite.. Reminds me of my ns days, all of us were enjoying the canned food (tuna, luncheon mean, hot dog etc..) in the field camp. no combat ration for us.

Actually, I loved luncheon since I was a kid and also in my school camping days & army dazes.......

It is a quickest lunch or meal to make. Just 2 pieces of bread and a can of luncheon meat will do.

But now, [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead] .

I had also stopped taking the Pearl River fried Dace with black beans after learning from the National Geographic Channel that most of the rivers in China are contimated with chemicals. The fried dace goes well with hot porridge but now [shakehead][shakehead][thumbsdown][thumbsdown] .

better don eat cos it is so fattening...

I wonder those Taiwan sausages and China sausages, are they clean. [sly][sly]

Just imagine, we have to eat Char Kuay Teow without sausages and hum, only fish cake & vegetable. [:(][:(]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Most canned food are the lowest grade. Basically any leftover scraps of the carcass is thrown into the mincer.

One more thing, canned tuna also the same. All the bruised, unfresh and bad tuna are mixed with flavouring for your nice sandwiches. Yummy.

should say the worse and unwanted cut of the carcass.. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement