Waxing car body and maintaining trim

Milgram

Neutral Newbie

Folks [sunny] ,

Just washed and waxed my car today [sly] . One problem that I have encountered - there's a tendency for some wax to spill over to the trim when I'm polishing my car [shakehead] . Also, when I apply treatment to my trim after waxing, some of the treatment solution gets onto the car body [shakehead][shakehead] . Both happen as the wax/treatment solution are applied close to the edge of the trim [:p] .

How to I get around the problem? [sweatdrop]

Thanks! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Me also encounter similar problem. Quickly clean away with cloth but still leave some white mark. unsure.gif

Thinking of using masking tape to cover the trim when waxing, or is there any better way out?? HELP !!!!

Supersonic

Tried but to no avail. Either be darn careful not to kena the plastic (but polish may miss paintwork near the plastic) or use masking tape. Both takes a long time. Gave up and i juz go over wif ABP later as it blackens the trim nicely and gives it a layer of protection too.

Neutral Newbie

I'll finish the Hi-Glaze88 first then switch to Klasse [nod] . How much is it? [confused] . You guys are having a group purchase right? How/Where do I sign up?

Using Klasse aside, the problem of spilling over still exist leh... [:(] . While Klasse may not leave a stain on the trim, the Autoglym Bumper Care can spill over to the car body...how? [confused][confused][confused]

Think Saaber not around right now.

The Klasse group buy closed liao. now waiting for delivery. maybe u PM Assassin ask if still can order. He's coordinating the group buy.

alternatively, Saaber they all can tell u where to get it etc etc.

cheers!

Neutral Newbie

Can't make it for the Telok Blangah W&W [shakehead][:(] . If you guys ever have one over at Sembawang, let me know though [;)][thumbsup]

I'll finish the Hi-Glaze88 first then switch to Klasse nod.gif . How much is it? confused.gif . You guys are having a group purchase right? How/Where do I sign up?

Using Klasse aside, the problem of spilling over still exist leh... frown.gif . While Klasse may not leave a stain on the trim, the Autoglym Bumper Care can spill over to the car body...how? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Can start practicing Chinese calligraphy liow, so can wax with more stable hand. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

What amenities that you guys are looking out for?

Edited by Milgram

(edited)

it'd be great if the MSCP is airy / windy, and there's food and loos nearby loh. dun have to go too mah.

The TB one we using now has a coffeshop just downstairs. [:)]

Edited by Jazziegirl

Neutral Newbie

There are quite a number of MSCP in Sembawang that's big and are quite windy/airy towards the top of the MSCP [nod] . There's always Sun Plaza nearby for food and loo [thumbsup] .

There are also quite a number of MSCP in Woodlands (near the Singapore American School) that are quite okay as well (some come with _ _ _ _ H2O [sly] ).