Benefit to those who travel NORTH but always wanted to know

Meecar

Hope this is helpful and drive safely... for the guys do try to come back with 3 legs

[:)]

post-81-1187513180_thumb.jpg

Edited by Meecar
↡ Advertisement

i think they should change the words to english.. how on earth will the tourist driving know WTF they implying on the signboards... if not malay/english signboard...

Turbocharged

the moment they switch to english..their no brainer politicians will start their kpkb-ing abt the lost of their culture, languange etc etc.. [laugh]

quite true also.. the stupid cashier @ watsons told me the price in malay when i talk solely in english.. marchiam i understand like tat.. then i got to look at the machine display to know the total price..

their no brainer politicians should change the language to original arabic instead of malay since they like their culture so much...

stupid citizen.

i think if they really want to build a world class nation and a 1st world nation. they need to make english the main lan. and stop all their malay advantage. i'm glad singapore stop all this despite malaysia wanting sg to give malays the advantage. that's why sg have all the success today

cannot say stupid citizen.. i can only say the politician are only out for their own pockets instead of helping the nation's growth or the people.. [:|]

must see which area of boleh land, bro... lots of hokkiens in klang area.. maybe she understand all the hokkien's bad mouthing wordings [laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged

it's their politicians lah

most of their educated malays already mixed their daily conversation in english and malays liao..that's where manglish came from..

Neutral Newbie
i think they should change the words to english.. how on earth will the tourist driving know WTF they implying on the signboards... if not malay/english signboard...

Learn malay lah. Very easy language. It's always good to know another language. You can already read it, only need to know the meaning. Unlike chinese, thai, tamil, japanese, know how to speak also very difficult to learn to read.

May be we should not be so quick to point finger at our neighbours

look at our mrt, there are no chinese signs even thought more than 60% are chinese

it does not matter to our generation but what about the old people

in the heartland many older generation wants to be independent and do not want to trouble their children but without chinese sign they are lost

the other story closely related to your issue is that sometime ago

with regards to pavement on the road to make it more handicap friendly or kneeing buses ... some politicians said not financially viable

.... so lets be fair

we do not pay contribute to their road tax, any while in Rome , we should learn the Roman ways

it is like we are so use to right hand drive, but in the States it is left hand drive but are we going to write to Georgy Bushy that he should change the road system for us

[:)]

I think we sud just respect their road signs in whatever language lah.

In Thailand, many signs r in Thai as in other countries they will use their local language but some will also have the english translation.

The best r those "International" signs which needs no words. For me, I just slow down when I see signs in red or orange as these r recognised as warning signs & most ask us to slow down anyway. [sly]

their no brainer politicians should change the language to original arabic instead of malay since they like their culture so much...

Err...arabic is not their culture hence no question of the official language in Malaysia to be Arabic.

Btw, I wonder if those who complain would call the French and Italians stupid too as their road signs are also in their respective languages.

Neutral Newbie

BTW, did any 1 ask why our road signs are in "English" when none of our "forefathers" are either ang moh or ???? else do not pass unreasonable comments abt others [hur]