Benefit to those who travel NORTH but always wanted to know

Meecar

Neutral Newbie

Of all sign board in the north, I only know AWAS

It stand for All Women Are Sexy. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

stupid citizen.

i think if they really want to build a world class nation and a 1st world nation. they need to make english the main lan. and stop all their malay advantage. i'm glad singapore stop all this despite malaysia wanting sg to give malays the advantage. that's why sg have all the success today

Bro watch your phrase lah.I believe there are many M'sian bros in this forums too !!

Let's put it this way , you go to other non english speaking country(even in europe) you'll get to see road sign in their language.That's their mother tongue bro.

While I was in france sometimes back , most understand english BUT they choose to answer in french.I think it's about 'something' superiority .

Neutral Newbie

u r just making comments that sided u. singaporean speak english just because government here set it as an official primary language. that's y u all learning english since primary school and chinses as secondary language. u should use the same method to think about other countries. malaysian government set malay as their official language. so malay is the primary and english + chinese are secondary since their school time. this theory applies to indonesia, thai, china, japan or as far as italy, france, spain and germany. this is their culture. we can't change them.

once u r there in their territory, u better think of a way to communicate with them, rather than scolding them stupid for not able to understand your english. u should be the one to change to adapt their culture.

sadly to say that i found most singaporean are chinese but they just can't speak and write good mandarin or even know nuts abt it, yet still proud of themselves speaking english everywhere. they lost their ROOT. this is a very sad thing to mention.

Neutral Newbie

yes, they are protecting their mother tongue. i was once in germany and one german told me that english is part of the lessons in their school yet i still see youngsters there speaking german to tourists. in the end i have to look at the pictures to order my foods. lucky all the prices are still in numeric format... haha

Edited by Mattchlai

you still got picture to see...I went in to a french restaurant , all I can do is point and point and making sure the $$ is within my budget [laugh][laugh]

stupid citizen.

i think if they really want to build a world class nation and a 1st world nation. they need to make english the main lan. and stop all their malay advantage. i'm glad singapore stop all this despite malaysia wanting sg to give malays the advantage. that's why sg have all the success today

Bro watch your phrase lah.I believe there are many M'sian bros in this forums too !!

Let's put it this way , you go to other non english speaking country(even in europe) you'll get to see road sign in their language.That's their mother tongue bro.

While I was in france sometimes back , most understand english BUT they choose to answer in french.I think it's about 'something' superiority .

ya man! what are travel language book for?

stupid citizen.

hanor hanor.....I always maintained that Mysians are great. But their officials and mata are really goondu.

What they can do is like some countries put 2 languages lor, eg in Taiwan u can have chinese/english signs.

Whats missing is also:

AWAS ! Iskandar Dev Region on its way.

AWAS ! Mongolian court case going on

AWAS ! 400 more polis = 400 more chances u kena kopi lui

AWAS ! AWAS ! AWAS ! [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

Learn malay lah. Very easy language. It's always good to know another language. You can already read it, only need to know the meaning. Unlike chinese, thai, tamil, japanese, know how to speak also very difficult to learn to read.

Easy? I dun tink so. Only to ppl who are gifted. Try asking a Indian, Arab, Malay etc to learn Chi, i believe they will have a hard time too.

If start from young with ppl ard u speaking Malay den it's easier to pick up.

I never say Chinese easy mah. Old old time, when an Indian meet a Chinese, they speak Malay. Why? Because Malay very easy to pick up. And now, you can read it too. Unlike old old time, use jawi.

Of all sign board in the north, I only know AWAS

It stand for All Women Are Sexy. [laugh]

DOES that include all the elite pay and pay wives too

[:)]

Where is... [laugh]

AWAS...POLIS DI HADAPAN ANGKAT KOPI LUI

your malay so powerful one

may be you are one of those that get discount

[:)]

Wad i feel is that, if one doesnt understand or speaks Malay, he or she will have difficulties moving ard in MY.

That Petronas incident really made me look like a fool.

Maybe next time someone speaks u to in Malay, just tell that fella that "saya tak cakap bahasa Melayu. Saya orang Spore, cakap bahasa Inggrish." [laugh]

alamak.. me no understand what u write la... friend.. [:(]

↡ Advertisement