Benefit to those who travel NORTH but always wanted to know

Meecar

On 9/30/2022 at 9:09 PM, teomingern said:

Going in tomorrow... will post field report... definitely cannot wait... I got difficulty focusing for close work...

Ok went in without a hitch yesterday... arrived at Tuas side at 5.56 am and cleared by 6.02 am reached Malaysia side 6.08 am, crossed at 6.22 am... very short queue... 

On my return, reached Malaysia side at 3.11 pm and then Tuas side at 3.21 pm... both sides no queue... 

So the time chart above is pretty accurate...

Do also note that last week (last week of Sep) and this week (first week of Oct) is exam period - PSLE, primary and secondary school exam period... so I think the traffic volume is a bit lower than normal...

It seems like enter before 6.30 am and leave before 4.00 pm is the best for every day of the week... if you don't want to get caught in the long jams... of course, you don't much time to shop or eat... but for me it's mainly to run my errands... not really shopping and eating...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 10/2/2022 at 4:15 PM, teomingern said:

Ok went in without a hitch yesterday... arrived at Tuas side at 5.56 am and cleared by 6.02 am reached Malaysia side 6.08 am, crossed at 6.22 am... very short queue... 

On my return, reached Malaysia side at 3.11 pm and then Tuas side at 3.21 pm... both sides no queue... 

So the time chart above is pretty accurate...

Do also note that last week (last week of Sep) and this week (first week of Oct) is exam period - PSLE, primary and secondary school exam period... so I think the traffic volume is a bit lower than normal...

It seems like enter before 6.30 am and leave before 4.00 pm is the best for every day of the week... if you don't want to get caught in the long jams... of course, you don't much time to shop or eat... but for me it's mainly to run my errands... not really shopping and eating...

But if go in too early, many shops might not open yet, esp in malls.

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

But if go in too early, many shops might not open yet, esp in malls.

Confirm all close... just go to coffeeshop and lepak there until time is right lor... take time to eat breakfast, enjoy kopi or teh c... hehe... I go collect spectacles mah... so the shop open at 9.30 am... after I finish up, it's about 10+ already... the malls and shops all slowly opening up... just shop at wherever is open first lar... but that's not my primary focus... got then good, don't have then balik kampung lor... all dependent on the traffic condition at the border...

7 hours ago, Karoon said:

Their prerogative... maybe many people play punk and do illegal stuff or stuff that is detrimental to their country... so they warn first, make you sign and then if you tio liak, then too bad...

On 10/12/2022 at 5:02 PM, inlinesix said:

For ppl who never took KTM train

I had the opportunity to take a train to Pahang once and it was a sleeper. Actually we booked the whole carriage, but because there is no enforcement, other passengers simply strolled into our cabin and took our seats. There were many empty seats as we bought up all the tickets for that carriage but didn't have so many people to fill it up. And it's really hard to sleep on the sleeper berths give that the aisle runs between the bunks... no privacy and loss of personal belongings is a real danger... I did this trip in 2011 I think...

• Praise 1

Anyone has been to Taiping? Is it a good place to rest and relax? Got good food? Any leisurely thing to do there? Looking for alternative places for a family holiday with little kids. Not too strenuous... thanks!