Sinfoni Amp comments? (90.2x)

Madsumm

Hi all,

I'll be going for full Active setup soon and trading in my DLS Reference 2 channel amp for Sinfoni 90.2 x2, or maybe 50.4

Would like to hear from here any reviews on Sinfoni amps?

BTW, I'm driving my DLS Ultimate Iridiums Speakers.

Rgds

Edited by Madsumm
↡ Advertisement

Not that I don't want to, I just want to go full Active setups.

Current space in my car doesn't allow another DLS amp. Only way is to get 2x 90.2 from Sinfoni.

Rgds

Ok I am risking a lot in picking an argument with the doc [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] ... but hey, thought one of the keywords in the article was also "audible".... and my point being, whether the differences in the amps are audible (esp to the threadstarter...) or perhaps even more impt, how are the characteristics of the 2 amps appealing to the threadstarter (which for this one has to judge for him/herself)...

The only one sinfoni (can't rem the speakers it was paired with...) that i have heard before was reasonably nice and smooth with vocals, but to me i personally cant really appreciate the gain (commensurate with its price tag) yet (not at 'trained ears' level yet...)haha...

to the threadstarter> have fun with your proj!

ya man, be prepared for a very long rebuttal [:p][laugh]

ok, my 2 cents (not GST adjusted hor) from my 1 encounter with sinfoni [:p] good for vocals & jazz, vocals sound very thick & rich & music feels very airy [thumbsup] . not so good with chill out/techno/rock, there are cheaper amps that sound punchier [thumbsdown]

but end of day, you buy, you happy, end of story [:p]

Hi Bro

Mai Tu liao! and do remember to get the one without the cross-over (i.e. 90.2 without the 'x')if you intend to use the 9887 to set the cross-over points and slopes.

cheers

Thanks for the view mate. Appreciate it.

Heh.. the reasons for me to go to Sinfoni is quite basic. I need to go active, but no place to put another DLS. The only size to put in DLS equivalent amp is Sinfonis.. unfortunately.

I've heard it as well. Pretty smooth I will say. Clean.

I listen to loads of jazz, classical, even fusion. So it does fit.

Rgds

heh heh, no probs. it might not be 'unfortunately' afterall. [;)] i have recently taken a liking to jazz too (esp eddie higgins, chie ayado) and smooth would be nice.

cheers,

Neutral Newbie

Classical? Stay away from symphonies and orchestral stuff if you change to sinfoni. Although they sound like symphony, they don't match