YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE ERP GANTRIES

RadX

Seems like you didn't reply to my post earlier on.

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...021293;#2021293

I'm still expecting an explaination for this matter.

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...2021157#2021157

By not posting your reply, it means you are guilty of committing such an act.

Should there be no reply from you by noon 28 Aug 2007. We will remove the function (Private Message) from your account.

Subsequent infringement by you, will result in membership termination.

Edited by Gadgeter
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
This reminds me of the old chinese pugilist films where peasants have to use the paths of certain mountain roads own by ɽ
Edited by Gilgamesh

And price will be adjusted according to traffic conditions [sweatdrop]

don't think they will be so advanced. they can't even figure out how to manage current traffic now

whenever the traffic volume increases, they will just up the ERP charges loh. tat's why they have this camera all over the places to monitor

Bro,

you mean older and nicer is it?

Perhaps ... perhaps sweatdrop.gif ... but I refused to subject myself to age ... sly.gif Still young at heart so choice of words became important. laugh.gif

If this topic is not about complaining but for subjective debate; good let's continue.

$0.50 to $2.50 is very little to pay for those ERP gantries in Singapore. I won't be surprise to see that figure rise 10 folds in time to come. That day will come for Singapore drivers.

All being said, here are some reasons I believe why a certain group of people are paying more morning toll and evening toll.

The first group are those staying in HDB flats far away from town (they already save $100,000+). I think sometime ago the governement mentioned; you pay more for houses in town for the convenience and time sake. The prices in town are very reasonable. (was it relate to transportation?)

Then, there are the Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Toa Payoh, etc. group. They have the most centralized location in Singapore, but for being in the middle, they have a price to pay (they do not have that extra $100,000 savings from houses but they use slightly lesser petrol). All the major express meets and pass thru these places. Good or bad, you decide.

Those staying at the east also experience some jam and ERP into town but bearable compared to the first two groups.

In the mist of this ERP issue, I know a group in the most ideal scenerio FOR NOW (besides the fact they have to pay more for houses). These are the people staying in places like Queenstown, Redhill, Tiong Bahru, etc. that work in either Orchard or Shenton area. These locations are not center of the country but who cares, they are nearest to town. You use minimal petrol and ERP. Also these places have reasonably lower population for the more amount of roads and expressways. Those that have cars either drive or go public, are just as convenient.

So, all these ERP gantries issue got very much to do with where you stay and work. Of course, if you stay in town and work in town, good for you. You have the option to drive or just go public. Then why own a car? I think owning a car is more like a lifestyle for many (like myself) in Singapore.

Now, it really boils down to where you intend to buy your next house and find your next job.

no punk intented.

Very logical post with depth [thumbsup]

Honestly, it is cheaper & faster to take the MRT to work if you live in Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio, and it does not take much longer if you live in Tampines or Pasir Ris either.

Why?

You can relax or even catch a morning nap in the cool comfort of the MRT trains on your way to work, and not be bothred by teh traffic jams on the ECP & PIE "Expressways".

But owning and driving car is a lifestyle for many & they have no reason to complain about escalating ERP rates when they have a choice to take public trasnport, but refuse to.

20 bucks i think will prevent ppl from anyhow drive their car already. Ppl will need to think twice or thrice before start their engine unless they got really important things to attend den no choice. Imagine u wanna go orchard see see look look, but pass by 2 erp gentries with $20 charges each, u wanna pay such money to go orchard see see look look??

And price will be adjusted according to traffic conditions sweatdrop.gif

don't think they will be so advanced. they can't even figure out how to manage current traffic now

actually rather then blaming the driver, why can't pple look at the other perspective. they suggest annual increase of 5% car population. tat nos if not fixed but extrapoliate. 1+ 05= 1.05. yr 2 = 1.1025, yr 3 = 1.1025 *1.05 =1.157625

in short, due to the depress economy, they hv made blardee fools of singaporeans, to fill the coffers.

the other thing is allocation. at the moment there is no clear allocation but it may be just tat there is a higher % of pple who owns car in the north compared to say in the west or central. due to needs, poor transport network, etc.

even by pushing up ERP to $100, these pple still needs to use the same blardee road. the problem cannot go away just like that.

in short, the pple fails to macro manage the problem of high traffic flow constructively.

my suggestion is fair road allocation for hm driving.

even odd week arrangement.

car plates ending with even numbers get to drive along CTE on even weeks. car plate with odd number may also drive along CTE on these weeks but hv to pay.

and vice versa.

what will happen is this will arbitrary free up 50% of the road for cars on the expressway. but to enjoy the privilege of driving hm early, say... then pay for it.

it make sense for this approach becos the CTE is a big conduit, u hv to keep pumping the traffic across to relieve congestion elsewhere. stopping traffic fr entering it will create a even bigger problem.

Seems like you didn't reply to my post earlier on.

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...021293;#2021293

I'm still expecting an explaination for this matter.

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...2021157#2021157

By not posting your reply, it means you are guilty of committing such an act.

Should there be no reply from you by noon 28 Aug 2007. We will remove the function (Private Message) from your account.

Subsequent infringement by you, will result in membership termination.

YAHOO!!!!!!!!bounce1.gifbounce1.gifbounce1.gifbounce1.gifbounce1.gifbounce1.gifbounce1.gifbounce1.gifbounce1.gifbounce1.gifPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

GO GO GO GadgeterPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

m not good at starting thread... u do lah, since your hand so dirty already....one more okay mah [sly]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement