YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE ERP GANTRIES

RadX

Occassionally I will use CTE in the morning.

After paying for the 2 gantries, the road was still as congested. So I wonder, what was the point of paying when there was no improvement.

This round LTA up the fees and extends the operating hours. Really, i wonder will this work ???

IMO, it was the design of the expressway that giving us the congestion. In Australia Perth, there is no dividing "path" in the expressway. So the authority can easily increase the number of lanes during rush hours, since there is no "solid" path dividing the traffic.

I can understand all your feelings, but what is the use of a congested road without ERP? Would you like spend an hour or 2 in a traffic jam like in Bangkok or Jakarta? Have you considered the opportunity costs & precious time lost?

What is 50 cents to a dollar in ERP charges for someone who has paid over S$100,000 for his car? If one wants to grumble about such trival matters, might be better off taking public transport in this case. Such policies are for your own good.

Seriously, motorists will enjoy more savings with the ERP gantries' extended operational hours.

Why?

Less traffic jam, smoother traffic flow, faster travelling speed = Car can go on higher gear and less petrol consumed.

For me, I fully support LTA's decision to increase ERP operational hours and errect mroe ERP gantries.

Great job, LTA! [thumbsup][nod]

Yah, I been to Australia too, I like the way they increase the number of lane in rush hour, I think that is a much better way then imprementing ERP [nod]

↡ Advertisement

How much land does Singapore have, compared to Australia to increase the no. of lanes?

It is always easy to talk, but never easy to implement.

Edited by Vit4wd

Occassionally I will use CTE in the morning.

After paying for the 2 gantries, the road was still as congested. So I wonder, what was the point of paying when there was no improvement.

This round LTA up the fees and extends the operating hours. Really, i wonder will this work ???

Imo if they really serious abt control traffic and usage of cars, they should have increase in dollars, not cents. Ppl dun feel the pinch tats why the road still jam.

correct me if i m wrong, do you mean:

when time to die please die, dun waste seat sitting at kopitiam and loiter in Geylang??? [:p][:p][:p]

Jus read the JB slashing.... I think the Spore govt should be partly responsible... force us singaporeans to go jb for petrol wif all the hike

Singapore is too ex to leave in le... any 1 taut of leaving for greener pastures....?

Imo if the drivers really cannot afford spore petrol and wanna save money by keep going to JB pump oil, den he should not be driving a car.

yes and no to your statement

yes that should not drive if one cant even afford to pump petrol in SG.

no that if the saving is half, why not? can afford does not mean can anyhow spend right? just like you can afford to buy a LV wallet but you choose to get one in pasar malam.

Edited by Nkps

[reply]

correct me if i m wrong, do you mean:

when time to die please die, dun waste seat sitting at kopitiam and loiter in Geylang??? tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Yes, you are right but the story is not complete...

"when time to die please die, dun waste seat sitting at kopitiam and loiter in Geylang??? tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif "

And do not waste $$$ of <?> ... laugh.gif

Edited by Flight_skoda

How much land does Singapore have, compared to Australia to increase the no. of lanes?

And Singapore got space for 6.5 million population? unimpressed.gif

... saving the land to build more housing to accommodate the extra influx of population explosion rather than roads.

[reply]

i also got comments on MRT, how come no design for express trains? if going going from jurong to changi, every stop take 5 mins. that's 1.5 hrs! better drop the word rapid from MRT.

First, cool down please.

Express train service means building separate tracks.

Is this justified in terms of cost & usage?

How many people travel from Jurong to Changi everyday?

Are you willing to pay S$10 per trip for this premium service since the numbers/volume may not be there?

S$10 is still cheap considering that a taxi ride for similar journey will set you back by AT LEAST S$20 inclusive of ERP charges and peak period S$2 surcharge.

That's why its not world class. trains in other cities have express trains, but they do not have separate tracks, they have extra tracks on some sections for the normal trains to wait while the express ones pass by. that's how it works. you never sit on these trains b4 ar?

Yar right, and the MRTs, buses and the taxis will eventaully be sufficient (and efficient)? At 4million, we are already facing transportation issues (plus c*ckups) and ERPs control so what is 6.5million? sweatdrop.gif Currently, the population is already having problems going into the city despite ERPs on the increase regularly so do not tell me that the increase in population will make the city accessible. Perhaps even more ERPs increases in the making and where is the end?

I do not see the rationale at all although I can easily afford the ERPs charges. The issues we facing are the road networks, infrastruture and cars population. Are we not paying road tax and the current ERPs increments for nothing? And do not forget, even as we solve the road networks and infrasture issues, a bigger potential problem may be parking spaces. Do you think we may one day have to buy a title deed for a parking lot at S$x per sq foot? dizzy.gif

And what's next? Tear down the golf courses? Reclaim more land? Buy over the state of Johor? tongue.gif All these just to cater to cars of the 4mill and more cars of the addition 2.5mill.

You may have your points and opinion but I simply cannot understand your argument logic. unsure.gif

Edited by Flight_skoda

It has nothing to do with the land, but lanes.

Imagine a 3 lanes road. During rush hours in the morning, 2 lanes be used to city, and 1 lane to urban or estate area. Then in evening, the other part of 2 lanes to urban, and 1 lane to city, via versa.

See, nothing to do with land, only lanes.

I understand yout fustrations but there is no overnight solution to all probolems.

Given time, I am very confident the bright scholars and dedicated civil servants at the relevant authorities will come up with a brilliant solution. [idea]

Edited by Vit4wd

Turbocharged
First, cool down please.

Express train service means building separate tracks.

Is this justified in terms of cost & usage?

How many people travel from Jurong to Changi everyday?

Are you willing to pay S$10 per trip for this premium service since the numbers/volume may not be there?

S$10 is still cheap considering that a taxi ride for similar journey will set you back by AT LEAST S$20 inclusive of ERP charges and peak period S$2 surcharge.

Wrong. Express train service do not need separate tracks. They only need separate tracks at the station. You may wanna visit Japan and observe how they do that.

Each station (in downtown Tokyo at least) has numerous tracks and these tracks are converge to one single track as the train moves outta the station. Hence express and local trains are able to travel into and move outta the station without collision. Its all gotta do with planning. JR produces a full year timetable at the start of each year. The timetable is detailed up to the second for everyday!

That is called world class transport system and interestingly the highest local/express trains fare is 320 yen (could be wrong on this one). That translates to about S$5.

The current shiity standard of the MRT and bus service is far from world class but the fares are indeed world class. We have the myopic eyesight of the planners to thank for.