YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE ERP GANTRIES

RadX

I am sure the expressway will still jam!

I realised during the inital installation of the ERPs, the news will broadcast and "show" there is less traffic for the first few days; trying to deceive ppl that the this stupid blood sucking ERP gantries "help" to reduce the traffic! [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Well, thats only for the first few days or weeks that has less traffic. If they go back to the same gantries again then they will realise that pay $0.50 or $1 is no longer help to ease thr traffic flow. It become a norm for the road user liao.. Only the Germanment collect more pocket money. Then now they act smart to extend the ERP hours or increase the ERP charges.. Again, news will show "oh, the traffic become less liao" then slowly it will become norm then jam again.

STUPID!!! [whip]

How much land does Singapore have, compared to Australia to increase the no. of lanes?

It is always easy to talk, but never easy to implement.

I am not talking about increase the lanes physically.

For example, if there are 3 lanes each both way on CTE, if there is no hard divider in between, it is able to make in 4 lanes towards City in the morning and only 2 lanes north bound.

In the evening, they can switch it and make it 4 lanes north bound.

Is this logical?

They got many land for them to waste, no choice. To the govt, building roads and increasing lanes is a waste of money

I am not talking about increase the lanes physically.

For example, if there are 3 lanes each both way on CTE, if there is no hard divider in between, it is able to make in 4 lanes towards City in the morning and only 2 lanes north bound.

In the evening, they can switch it and make it 4 lanes north bound.

Is this logical?

I understand yout fustrations but there is no overnight solution to all probolems.

Given time, I am very confident the bright scholars and dedicated civil servants at the relevant authorities will come up with a brilliant solution. [idea]

I think the solution they had come up with is only short termed. The problem is already snowballing now. And we have to sit back and watch?? What? Until it becomes too late?

No matter how bright the scholars or civil servants. They are only following instructions from their boss. U think they can make decisions on their own? U gotto be joking.

U should know how the flawed system works. Every sh*t decision gotto go thru the boss and the boss's boss. By the time to implement the plan, the sun drop out from the sky.

Edited by Watwheels

When the old system was in place... when a 1.6l Toyota Corolla costs S$130,000 and a 2l Honda Accord costs S$180,000, people complained.

When car prices drop, people also complain.

This is a fairer system. You pay as you use.

Use the car less and you enjoy savings.

Eg. Toyota Corolla 1.6 auto costs $130,000 in 1997. Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6 auto costs $60,000 today. You save $70,000 off purchase price. Add the road tax savings of $$500 a year now over 10 yrs = Save $5000.

So you save $75,000 in 10 years. Or $7,500 a year. Let's say there's 250 working days a year, based on 5 day work week, that gives you an allowance of $30 per day for ERP expenses. More than enough! You still save lots iof money even if you have to pay $10 in ERP charges a day. YOu still save $20 a day.

This current system is a fair one and I salute LTA for that! [thumbsup]

Read The Straits Times, Saturday 25 Aug. Senior Correspondent Christopher Tan shares exactly the same sentiments as me. [thumbsup]

Or did he plagarise my quote? [sly]

Some quotes from Christopher Tan:

ERP alone is unlikely to make driving a financial burden for most motorists. After all, cars have become a lot cheaper over the last decade. For example, the ubiquitous Toyota Corolla has fallen from $130,000 in the mid 1990s to below $60,000 today. And China cars start from around $30,000.

ERP charges will have to be quite hefty - possibly an average of $15 per day - to persuade people to find alternative to driving

Even if ERP charges come up to $15 a day, one already saves $30 off the purchase price & savings in rd tax. So you still have an extra $15 in spare change!

Edited by Vit4wd

they neber teach u in prampee 4

fools seldom differ

u feel better with $30 in gahmen's coffer then hving $30 in ur own wallet.

gee... up the stake lah, tell MIW to confiscate every ct in ur CPF.

Hi All bros & sis,

This is already decided. No more discussion. [lipsrsealed]

What's the use of complaining when we all know that it will go into deaf ears. [furious]

Do the decision makers care? On hindsight, have they ever reversed their authoritative decisions? [furious][rifle]

Regardless, I will always remember these kind of ineffective decisions that are made to penalise motorists. To this I have to tell gahment, don't ever make any serious mistakes in your policies going forward, we(the commmoners) will make you look very ugly.

Just wait for a golden opportunity...

dun turn ur head believing guillibly tat everything is cast in stone

nothing is casted in stone...

if it was not for the TPY hero who wrote LIAR on NKF building, wud these bustard b loofing and tell u Durai has their fullest support instead of turning ard and calling them despicables?

Neutral Newbie

Yup, S'pore government rules... Latest update is the upcoming 9 more new gantries with CTE & CBD timing extended to 11pm man! [hur]

This reminds me of the old chinese pugilist films where peasants have to use the paths of certain mountain roads own by 山贼.

Use the 山贼 path must give 过路费. [:p]

u wait la....next time ERP 24/7laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

no joke, judging from the path they are heading now... 24/7 can happen someday. but that one really must wait long long [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by En0203

Neutral Newbie

i dunno wat they wan, but i believe increasing erp grantry or erp price wont help much. the only way is to control car qty on the road. y they dun do it?? next time whole country got erp, then wats next.

↡ Advertisement