S'porean slashed, carjacked at JB petrol station

Gadgeter

Would you help if you are next to their car?

I think i would also be scared to numb too [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

People got parang & baseball bat, i think unless one is really those martial arts expert then at least got a chance to lut with them else .... [:/]

Neutral Newbie

Lets just stay in this wonderful island of ours...

Want to travel? Take plane to other parts of the world. Its getting ridiculous there in JayB. We are constantly becoming their prey. This is a real sad news for our fellow men n women. Spore petrol expensive....sigh, wat to do? Want to buy car, must be prepared for all these cost.

Are we allowed to keep a baseball bat in the car for personal protection when we go in there? [sly]

Those robbers really deserve a whack! If want to drive in, do a convoy k.

Its been a year since ive been there.

Used to frequent JayB ZON hotel for weekend stay(the one facing woodlands).

Ppl got robbed there several times before (near the seafood place) and the locals dont give a damn.

The marketing officer called me some time back about their hotel promo.

told him i dont go in anymore. And he asked me why,,,

NOT SAFE!

sad but true...

I think Baseball bat is allowed. Baseball is your hobby since young isn't it? sly.gifsly.gif

I would think it would be good to have a baseball bat in the boot as well as a long spannar placed somewhere around the driver seat for self protection. Of course... if the number of robbers outnumbered you, it is pretty useless also... or if it is only one robber with a gun as weapon, also LL.... but then the baseball bat and the spannar serve as basic weapons for self-protection in times of emergency.

in the beautiful place, every time drive under the gantry, i can hear the lorry scream out loudly macham kena slashed, then the IU show less $$$

confirm bleeding..

there is no carjacking though, i drive a lorry.

Actually an ideal weapon would be acoustic devices emitting high freq or high pitch sound that is so uncomfortable to human ear and that the robber would naturally drop its weapon and use both his hands to cover his ears. It is not damaging enuff to impair hearing ability... but is enough to cause great discomfort such that one got no choice but to stop advancing forward and use both his hands to cover his ears, he may even retreat.

Take a look at this Long Range acoustic device:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/03/03/sonic.weapon.ap/

Something similar to this but a scaled-down version of course, should be small enuff to hold it in your hand, point it towards the attacker and activate it.

I think acoustic weapon is still very much under research and it is not easy to get such devices. Also have to consider if it would breach local laws a not...

Neutral Newbie

No offense since the johor government complain the the Johor flood was due to SIN reclaimation works i total gave up visiting JB for food, shopping and golf altogether.

Why bother to visit where the Johor politicans are unreasonable and use singapore as punch bag. Johor can go into state of chaos for all i care.

just my 2 cents comment.

Saw the following report in Asiaone.

http://www.asiaone.com/A1Home/A1Home.html

Does anyone have more info about this?

S'porean slashed, carjacked at JB petrol station

Chopper attack took place next to police station; captured on closed-circuit TV.

More reasons to stop going JB.

I really wonder those Malaysians staying in JB understand the importance of Singaporeans spending money

there in JB. Come a day where all leisure visiting stops, how would they upkeep their economy growth?

basic businesses will close down and the people will suffer. And when that happens? More robbery due to desperation? And given the fact that someone can actually gets robbed just beside a Police station says alot

on the efficiency of the Law there.

To me, JB is still 3rd world till today unless they really clean up their act.

http://kcarclubsg1975.spaces.live.com/

My JB colleague say he also dun understand why Sporean keep gg there even though its dangerous, he himself a native JB ppl also scared, however singaporean are well known as a risk taker when gg to JB for cheap stuffs.

rem me as a basher for against going to JB? alot of my JB classmates told me not to go in, as they too being JBians also felt the place like going from bad to worse.. Needless to say there are Malaysian Chinese and that really makes it worse...

why people still go in? cheap lah.. and big place mah

but okie lah, there are also such robberies in broad daylight okie.. a few months ago, one was robbed of his ride in broad daylight in a petrol kisok... the robberies had guns lor... LPPL

morale of the story: it only has to happen to you (people who loves going to JB) once to change your life forever

if that day comes and happen to you, dun come to MCF and kpkb!

Period! [thumbsdown]

Edited by Weixiang_06

Lets just stay in this wonderful island of ours...

Want to travel? Take plane to other parts of the world. Its getting ridiculous there in JayB. We are constantly becoming their prey. This is a real sad news for our fellow men n women. Spore petrol expensive....sigh, wat to do? Want to buy car, must be prepared for all these cost.

Are we allowed to keep a baseball bat in the car for personal protection when we go in there? [sly]

Those robbers really deserve a whack! If want to drive in, do a convoy k.

Its been a year since ive been there.

Used to frequent JayB ZON hotel for weekend stay(the one facing woodlands).

Ppl got robbed there several times before (near the seafood place) and the locals dont give a damn.

The marketing officer called me some time back about their hotel promo.

told him i dont go in anymore. And he asked me why,,,

NOT SAFE!

sad but true...

i went to shanghai in may.. thinking of going to taiwan in dec... [laugh]

JB my foot! go in for f!!k?

there are better places elsewhere.... sorrie hor, JB out of my list

Haha... U r not basher la, juz wanna tell ppl the other perspective of gg JB beside the cheap stuffs and petrol. Not only JB ppl, my cousin and other relatives from Muar dun even wanna step into JB... I myself been to JB a few times, however its not as scary as what i visualize, but after reading and hearing from so many news and ppl, i decided to stop gg there.

I think even proton will not be spared.. as long as SG plated, will have some attractions from them..

that's true... unless you are driving a brand new proton. then you will be safe..

No offense since the johor government complain the the Johor flood was due to SIN reclaimation works i total gave up visiting JB for food, shopping and golf altogether.

Why bother to visit where the Johor politicans are unreasonable and use singapore as punch bag. Johor can go into state of chaos for all i care.

just my 2 cents comment.

Johor in state of Chaos? I look forward to that day!

Neutral Newbie

Hahaha who knows after all, the police and the robbers there have a profit sharing scheme

whereby they just have pay a certain % of their "earnings" and they will be guaranteed some

form of protection from the law. So, the more they rob, the more both parties will earn.

Win-win situation. When the garhment over there cannot suka suka increase G*T or build more

*RP. They have to find some ways to boast their income rite????

↡ Advertisement