S'porean slashed, carjacked at JB petrol station

Gadgeter

1. It is really about common sense. Why pump petrol at that sort of hours? I won't even do that at Down Under or the United States.

2. I also maintain my principle of not driving at wee hours when travelling to the North. Safety 1st.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

yes kelpie, it just needs to happen once and it will change one's life forever...

period.

likewise, the person visits JB regularly.. no matter how much safety precautions u undertake, if it happens, it will just change one's life forever...

i prefer not to play the JB roulette, family safety matters more...

Accident can also happen to anyone and will change one's life completely. Likewise, no matter how safe you drive on the road, you just need one drinker to hit you and that is it.

Regards,

Kids play with sharp knives. Chefs use sharp knives. Tools are only as good as those who wield them w/o causing the users anymore harm than it is intended for.

I make sure all my knives are sharp. A sharp knife in a kitchen is a safe knife.

Likewise, going into JB, make sure you keep your knife sharp. Dull knives do not cut well. Dull knives also injure the users. Dull knives also show that the practitioner is lazy, unprofessional and my best description, immature beardless kids.

If the kitchen is too hot to handle, get out and stay out. Don't berate those who can work in the kitchen and tell everyone that the kitchen is an evil place just because you can't survive in it.

Edited by Genie47

In MY, cops collect kopi money manually. In our beautiful island, our money kenna robbed and it is automatic. No need for cops, robots or toll booth. laugh.gif

For what you know, its happen at a petrol station infront of their polis station.

At 4.00am, most of them (polis officers) are sleeping...... [mad][mad][mad]

3-5 yrs back a MY boss ever told me that they tried calling polis when the heard thieves stealing goods from a nearby factory and the polis can't be bothered even the polis station is less than 1km away

polis also fear robbers.

yes, some of the business there survived due to 'foreign' spending power there. Even the bridal shop where I visited, depend quite significantly on foreigners.

agreed with u WeiXiang

it doesn't matters that it didn't happens to us in the past, how regulary we had visited JB before & taken all precautions, it needs only to happen once... in the future or near future.

my friends & colleauges often ask... why don't u go JB

petrol cheap cheap... makan cheap cheap... wash car cheap cheap... everything cheap cheap... worth every cents.

perhaps in the future IF safety do improve in JB then i may consider... dropping by once in a while in a group.

if not... it's no worth taking the risk... just because of saving afew dollars.

if we loves your family & love ones, why do we want to compromise their safety & our own?

1. Yes, it is cheaper to do whatever you want in MY. I somehow find it less stressful to be in MY than in SG during a weekend. So it is not always about $ and cents.

2. If scare this and scare that, then better don't drive and stay at home.

Regards,

it's a personal choice really.

it's up to each if he/she would consider it a risk to do so.

speaking for myself, i wouldn't travel alone to JB at this time, perhaps in a group i might consider.

that's true... unless you are driving a brand new proton. then you will be safe..

u r wrong, as long as u r s'porean. they will aim at u. they see u as big fish. they use petrol station, shopping centre as their bait.

so, the challenge now is..... how to look 'local'? laugh.gif

all frequent JB visitor, be extremely careful. I heard that new car models with immobilizer eg. civic , the syndicate dun steal the car anymore, they will robbed you with base ball bat, chopper or whatever ..

they want your car n your life ....

and do you have the 'updated' list of the top more wanted models?

you must have visited them so often that you can receive calls from them.. sly.gif

And not sure about keeping a baseball bat.. but some of us do carrying steering wheel locks. sly.gif

↡ Advertisement