S'porean slashed, carjacked at JB petrol station

Gadgeter

In MY, cops collect kopi money manually. In our beautiful island, our money kenna robbed and it is automatic. No need for cops, robots or toll booth. laugh.gif

Haha [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

I think even proton will not be spared.. as long as SG plated, will have some attractions from them..

that's true... unless you are driving a brand new proton. then you will be safe..

I think my SG plated wira a bit outstanding... even my JB mech knew 'where' I frequent whenever I go in last time...laugh.gif

Now, I hardly goes in.

yea.

since they want business.

we give them business make sure we are safe and sound. which is the prime concern. actually i don't mind leh. win win solution what

I think Baseball bat is allowed. Baseball is your hobby since young isn't it? sly.gifsly.gif

[sly][sly][sly][;)]

I would think it would be good to have a baseball bat in the boot as well as a long spannar placed somewhere around the driver seat for self protection. Of course... if the number of robbers outnumbered you, it is pretty useless also... or if it is only one robber with a gun as weapon, also LL.... but then the baseball bat and the spannar serve as basic weapons for self-protection in times of emergency.

Do agree with you [nod][nod][nod]

Actually an ideal weapon would be acoustic devices emitting high freq or high pitch sound that is so uncomfortable to human ear and that the robber would naturally drop its weapon and use both his hands to cover his ears. It is not damaging enuff to impair hearing ability... but is enough to cause great discomfort such that one got no choice but to stop advancing forward and use both his hands to cover his ears, he may even retreat.

Take a look at this Long Range acoustic device:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/03/03/sonic.weapon.ap/

Something similar to this but a scaled-down version of course, should be small enuff to hold it in your hand, point it towards the attacker and activate it.

I think acoustic weapon is still very much under research and it is not easy to get such devices. Also have to consider if it would breach local laws a not...

If this can be made into those small & handheld portable type then it would great to own one [nod][nod][nod]

Can keep it by our side everytime [sly]

yes, some of the business there survived due to 'foreign' spending power there. Even the bridal shop where I visited, depend quite significantly on foreigners.

At least 90% business depended on SG spendings.sweatdrop.gif

It is too easy to wipe them out. sly.gif

Can't they just earn our money from legal means other than thinking how to rob us?furious.gif

Sianz siah.......bigcry.gif

http://kcarclubsg1975.spaces.live.com/

Neutral Newbie
Sounds scary but it won't stop Sillyporeans from going to JB. Everyone thinks it won't happen to me or the odds are that someone else will have a bad day there not me. But it only needs to happen once and you won't forget it for the rest of your life.
best is to boycott jb [laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

that's true... unless you are driving a brand new proton. then you will be safe..

u r wrong, as long as u r s'porean. they will aim at u. they see u as big fish. they use petrol station, shopping centre as their bait.

so, the challenge now is..... how to look 'local'? laugh.gif

folks. understand this.

they target everyone.

it's likely foreign illegals/gangs who coordinate these attacks.

the unfortunate thing is. its not just SG cars/people who get robbed/attacked.

the locals in jb kanna attacked all the time.

much more often.

i've heard from friends.

strangers walking into their homes and robbing them.

cars stolen out of their driveways, as they park.

snatch theft.

don't be thinking Singaporeans are so special.

in fact prob alot more incidents happen to the JB folks themselves.

just that it doesn't get reported in the Straits Times.

Go in for sure. if you need, and lots of people do need w/ family & friends across the causeway. Just take extra precautions if you do.

Everyone is in the same, not so pretty boat, locals and tourists alike.

↡ Advertisement