S'porean slashed, carjacked at JB petrol station

Gadgeter

Neutral Newbie

side track a bit

Heard Strawberry Resort waas quite a "happening place" long time ago..

Quran book in the hotel/resort room was opened.. so meaning ??!!

↡ Advertisement

Sorry to hear about for your friend encounter.

Some chinese believe that uniform personel should have a headdress where the "State Crest" plays an important part. I don't see custom officers wearing the head gear at the checkpoint, only police, CD and SAF don the headdress.

Well you could say it is a grandfather tales but I choose to believe in it. Like in the pass history (Han, Wu, Chin...etc dynasties), chinese scholars or guards wear a hat with a piece of jade sew on it. Had spoken to few mediums and all tell the same stories that the piece of jade represent higher authority against those from the underworld.

Beleive it or not is up to each individual but I believe in it and tested it during my NS days. Seeing is believing [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

change before you enter lah..laugh.gif

eh like that very troublesome leh laugh.gif

if can change car plate then how good hor laugh.gif

You are asking for MORE trouble in this case. laugh.gif

Detour abit......

just met a friend of mine working in custom (just quit recently).

Was told by him that it's quite scary during night in the booth stamping the incoming driver passport.

Got many times when he checking at the backseat of car to make sure there wasn't any smugglers hidding behind. He ended seeing "things" he not suppose to see.

eh.. like what kind of "things" ??

side track a bit

Heard Strawberry Resort waas quite a "happening place" long time ago..

Quran book in the hotel/resort room was opened.. so meaning ??!!

No worries, I'll bring a Buddha statue and a big piece of Char Siew. No harm rite??? [laugh]

My wallet n car also got amulet from Middle road temple. My MIL insist I carry them ard. [:/][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

when I first read the story in the papers, i felt sorry for the victim, then upon a closer read, I was thinkin...WTF was he doing in that part of town at 3 am with his wife?...the part of JB near the customs area is a bad part of town, and even local JBians will not venture there late at nite.

the victim was a typical silliporean with zero common sense...going there in a brand new car by himself at such an ungodly hour...he might as well have stuck a sign on his forehead ""PLEASE ROB ME!!!"

that's true... unless you are driving a brand new proton. then you will be safe..

=======================

Proton is the most "popular" car for car thieves in MY. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Very easy to strip & sell the parts.

eh.. like what kind of "things" ??

=====

Got few times, he saw those "xiao gui" that the owner kept to help them bring luck and fortune seating at the backseat. And few times are the "dirty things" just seat still at the corner of the backseat.

The time & day is exactly when I used to go to that exact same station to pump petrol.

Maybe if I was still doing it I might have witnessed the incident. Unfortunately I am a little busy nowadays & don't go in so often.

the robbers are crazy!!!!!!!!!!! furious.gif

just to steal car why have to use chopper, this people must be high on drugs lah. somemore they're disregard for the law is unbeliveable, don't know whether it is plain stupidity or bravery or craziness to commite such a violent crime next to police station, but i guess they also know how incompetent ther own policenmen are.

Singapore should set up police station in malaysia to protect singaporeans who go in man.

========================

It cud also b a revenge attack & they cover it by stealing the car. This is the victim won't suspect the person who arranged the attack.

but i guess they also know how incompetent ther own policenmen are.

=======================

The time it happened (3am) most prob all the policemen in dreamland already. [sleeping][sleeping][sleeping][sleeping][sleeping]

that's true... unless you are driving a brand new proton. then you will be safe..

You sure? My relative's neighbour had their brand-new-Malaysian-plate Proton driven right off their front porch. My relatives have since put up CCTV and alarm system to their gate and porch.

====================

My MY fren had his brand new Honda Cub stolen from his porch even after his front gate was padlocked. This is very common there. U notice all those aircon outside has a metal cage protecting it, otherwise they will even disconnect the compressor & carry it away. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I pump petrol in the burbs. The CNG stations are at the burbs. laugh.gif

====================================

Is there a very long Q of taxis when u pump CNG? Is there certain timings where got peak & off-peak times they pump?

Where are the extra 400 new polis-men in the proposed Iskandar Dev Region?

Maybe the robber is one of these 400 [lipsrsealed]

=====================

All on course on how to negotiate for the highest kopi lui & not to spoil the market for the regulars & old timers lah. [laugh]

I hear Indian criminals are very ruthless

===================

Many of my MY frens r indians. They very cruel. Many will rape after robbing & even men r raped after they beat them up. It is a ego thing with them where they have total control over their victims.

I think 1 of our forumers will like to get raped by them. I don't need to mention his name. [sly][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Not worth lah....venturing into JB at 3am is like walking into a snake pit lah...They already can rob in broad daylight...worst at night.

=====================

3am is my regular time to go in & pump petrol. No jams at all. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement