S'porean slashed, carjacked at JB petrol station

Gadgeter

Detour abit......

just met a friend of mine working in custom (just quit recently).

Was told by him that it's quite scary during night in the booth stamping the incoming driver passport.

Got many times when he checking at the backseat of car to make sure there wasn't any smugglers hidding behind. He ended seeing "things" he not suppose to see.

'things' as in what things?? the 7th month one?? [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

"They had driven across at about 3am in his eight- month-old Honda Civic."

What the hell they are doing at 3am in JB?

my exact sentiments.

Maybe bcos at the wee hour, likely there is no check on fuel gauge on singapore custom side, so go in with empty tank and pump petrol lor.... work? work till 3am in jaybee?? bluff who? i dont think jb people work so hard till that wee hour... [shakehead]

======================

Maybe he working in a pub or nightclub line? Makan places also might b closing about that time. Maybe he is a bouncer in a club & was marked by some pple he offended b4?

We may not have the whole story here. [sly]

i tot in the report that the guy is running maid agency or something?

(edited)

that's true... unless you are driving a brand new proton. then you will be safe..

=======================

Proton is the most "popular" car for car thieves in MY. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Very easy to strip & sell the parts.

then again, the parts are cheap. And if you are lucky enough, you might just get free parts on the side of NS highway.

Edited by Gadgeter

You are asking for MORE trouble in this case. laugh.gif

haha, like the taxi movie, press one button then the plate will change by itself.. sui sui cool.gif

why not you try to do that... We'll see whether will you appear in the newspaper or not.. Dun worry, we'll make sure someone post a copy of it here. laugh.gif

The queue is super long when closer to JB sentral. Jln Datin Halimah and Tampoi Utama stations have longer queues with the former the longest.

Senai airport and Jln Gangsa in the heart of Pasir Gudang industrial estate has the shortest. Pasir Gudang highway station itself has the longest queue before 11am in the morning.

Neutral Newbie

I think they r well aware of the importance of SG$ there. Which was y there was an outcry by the locals over the state of affairs there(rapes and murders). They demanded the authorities to do something about the crime level which is affecting their livelihoods. They started a community watch group if i'm not wrong, to look after each others back. The response from the govt was to pump in men, but its still not enough... need time to get a grip of things there.

Saw the following report in Asiaone.

http://www.asiaone.com/A1Home/A1Home.html

Does anyone have more info about this?

S'porean slashed, carjacked at JB petrol station

Chopper attack took place next to police station; captured on closed-circuit TV.

More reasons to stop going JB.

I really wonder those Malaysians staying in JB understand the importance of Singaporeans spending money

there in JB. Come a day where all leisure visiting stops, how would they upkeep their economy growth?

basic businesses will close down and the people will suffer. And when that happens? More robbery due to desperation? And given the fact that someone can actually gets robbed just beside a Police station says alot

on the efficiency of the Law there.

To me, JB is still 3rd world till today unless they really clean up their act.

http://kcarclubsg1975.spaces.live.com/

Neutral Newbie
Islam is definately a peaceful religion ... if u noticed ..muslims are very kind and dont hunger for money

yea definitely. they do not jack cars, do not kill, do not. . ..

[laugh] If they didn't, then y the need of a religion since they can be so guai... its the problem of humanity.

what law? is there one over there? [laugh]

Their polis know even if they work hard n catch thieves next to their station, they wont get much in terms of promotion or bonus. So just take stable pay every month n subsidise with kopi lui lor. I mean every Mysian citizen knows that(my relatives there say one).

The next time u go thru 2nd link, just look at their officers at the checking stations who ask u to open yr car boot. They open up 3 lanes, had 3 officers, but all sit in one lane talking kock. Look at SG side when u get back, u had to pass them a slip of paper n open boot for every car.

"I think they r well aware of the importance of SG$ there. Which was y there was an outcry by the locals over the state of affairs there(rapes and murders)"

"I really wonder those Malaysians staying in JB understand the importance of Singaporeans spending money

there in JB"

I remember at one time, Mr A Gani is complaining that Singaporean go over to JB and spend like nobody business and cause their standard of living up & up. He is blaming us for the high cost of living in JB. KNN.... open mouth without thinking. We are so use to their bla....bla.... bla.... and anything happen there, we will not be spared the blame. Most recent bla.. bla... bla... by JB is the flooding in Kota Tinggi. Blame it on SG reclamation. [hur][hur][hur]

Neutral Newbie

There the politicians does not speak for the ppl one lah... they speak cos they have to say something to keep their jobs... [sweatdrop] most of the time they will blame others(SG, USA, etc)... haven't u noticed? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I prefer this time cos no jams at all & very fast in & out. I did have some trouble after going in for about 20 years but I am able to take care of myself & maybe I was also very lucky.

I have had trouble in SG in broad daylight even, so I think it's more luck & situations lah. U just have to b careful & know when to fight & when to run. But always use your brain.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Bro totally agreed with you on above. Me too staying Woodlands use to go in around 10pm for top up and supper for the last 10 years. ALL IN ONE WORD - be careful and use brain.

Cheers

↡ Advertisement