Two die in burning car at Sixth Ave

Toyo

I wonder if this would affect the sales of the MX-5 from now onwards..

I think will not deter those who love mx5.

It's a nice car but unfortunately mishap do happens anytime,anywhere and any car.

Whoever does not want their MX5 can lelong to me [:p]

↡ Advertisement

I think MX5 is a car prone to crashes?

The performance is mediocre (relative to other car of the same category) ... i think it's designed for women to cruise at 50kmph along a costal beach

U're gonna get slugged for this comment [sweatdrop]

i see, uphill chiong, reached peak, car float, loss traction, suddenly gain traction on a twitchy RWD car on a downhill.... [shakehead]

that's how ian wright wrecked his 360 spyder too, but he survived. unscathed... maybe there weren't any walls around.

I was thinking along that line too. Remember playing NFS, when i "lift off" from a ramp and suddenly gain back traction upon contact = disaster [dead] if i'm not an experienced player.

?? Why?? Why would you buy one? [:/][confused] 160bhp~ [shakehead]

Do u even own a car? Buying a car is not just about BHP...if so, its like getting a gf/wife purely based on how big the breast and nothing else. [laugh]

Tis.. you have to depend on the passer-by, else .. is all your luck that the damaged electrical dont create any spark, or wake up in time to switch off or the paramedic to do i for you.

Edited by Cavver

Its either excessive speeding or drunk driving or both....cannot be any other reasons. As claim by a "friend" of his here. Duno how this friend knows they werent drinking prior the accident. Burnt liao still can test for acohol levels mei?

Unless they just drop u off before the accident, they may well haven been drinking + speeding. [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

4am in the morning leh ... should be drink-driving case loh ...

thats a pretty bad assumption...could be one million and one other reasons...

Fair enough. But at that hour on a Friday night, who the heck would be driving at break-neck speed along 6th Avenue? [sly]

there could be so many, many pple from all walks of life for all kinds of reasons be it emergency or other pressing issues, on every other road other than 6th avenue.... [dizzy][dizzy][dizzy]

world ain't that small

s2000 also got aftermarket mugen/spoon hard top but cannot open laugh.gif

it's ok lah. at least people say you smart ah girl gorgeous.gif

i think the hardtop still can be removed by hands.nod.gif

Neutral Newbie
I think MX5 is a car prone to crashes?

The performance is mediocre (relative to other car of the same category) ... i think it's designed for women to cruise at 50kmph along a costal beach

Hmm, i wonder wat car does the guy who posted this drives? Mebbe he has nvr driven a RWD car b4..... That is a true basic RWD without electronic aids to make a dumb driver look smart.

Its sad that these 2 guys lost their lives, but I think I have to set this straight. The 2 famous MX5 crashes, one was on test drive, the latest one was not by the owner himself...a friend who is unfamiliar with the car drove. Every car, u need to be familiar with it, its characteristics b4 pushing it further to it limits, so stop pin pointing on the car.

In case wolverman doesn't noe, except for the PRHT model, the rest doesn't come with any electronic aid, which explains the accident with unfamiliar drivers.

But in good hands, its a car that can be fun and enjoyable even at low speeds.

Its handling is outstanding for ur info, so much so that Autocar did a test with it against the Cayman n the Focus ST, which are both class leaders in their respective categories. In the report, though it was the slowest, it was the most fun.

Its performance mediocre? I would say its above average for the NC(e latest miata's codename). I think it does a century sprint of well under 8 seconds which is pretty respectable. And pls dun look down on the older puny models...becoz there a few who can eat performance cars for breakfast.

Last but not least, keep the above comments to urself, cause they make u look dumb.

Oh and dun try to prove me wrong by going for a test drive...becoz i dun wanna see the car on the headlines thrice.

[rifle]

i agree to a large extent mx5 is designed for women, but thats the exterior i mean and auto ones. the drive of this car has been hailed by many car reviewers. in the right hands, it's a great driver's car, lightweight and rwd. in the wrong ones, the tail snaps and the driver just dont know how to counter oversteer.

MX-5 a car designed for women? [confused]

I know of men who drive MX-5 [lipsrsealed]

Or are they actually transvestites? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement