Have you book your ride after this recent COE crash ?

Cheekg98

Have you book your ride after this recent COE crash ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes - Cat A Car
    • Yes - Cat B Car
    • No
    • Still considering
    • Special : Wait for $5000 COE

I didn't but my friend did. Went with him to TC on Sat.

Could not find a parking lot initially.. Very Crowded.

Ended up "illegal" parking in TC with approval from security.. [laugh]

Should be a good buy for my friend as COE is expected

to go beyond current one and he should get a few k

paper gain. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
Thought the COE price falls was a system error?

I didnt see much changes in Lancer price the day after.

Lancer EX price drop $4K after CAT A drop to $8118. Buyers are getting another $1K discount from C&C. Thus effectively altogether $5K discount, even lower than pre-launched prices. Anyway, heard that C&C increase $1K from today onwards.

The Cat A COE premium of last bidding exercise is indeed drop to $8118 from $17,001.

However, everytime when COE drop to suck low level, many people will rush in to buy bc car dealers will very likely reduce their price.

For this round, COE drop by $9k but car price only reduce by $2k to $4k. But then a lot of people will still buy bc $4k off a Cat A car price of said $50K is still quite sustantiate.

Anyway, if you have not book now, maybe too late as Nissan increase Cat A car price by $500 and BM has increase Cat A Toyota car price by $1k lliao.

BUT: if you can wait, just wait loh, bc if you look at the COE trend, it is like a cycle: COE down -> more people buy and hence demand up -> demand up, COE also up and hence car price up -> when car price (or COE) up -> less people buy and demand down -> COE will down when demand down -> when COE down, car price also down -> people start buying again..............the cycle will just repeat itself.

I could see your point. In the end, those agent who sells the car makes the most profit from the low COE. Normally, in mathematical terms, a drop of 9k in COE will mean a drop of 9k for car price as well, but that's not applicable in this context. Therefore, those who buy the car at this COE price may be the one losing more than gain. [dizzy]

You are one of the many who do not understand how COE prices relate to car prices. Let me explain. Whatever COE prices you see, they are for those who bought last time. Those Cat A buyers who bought in early Aug got the $8118 COE and enjoyed a substantial car price rebate from the seller. When you buy a car today, you can't travel back in time to Aug 22 to bid for the low COE. Your seller bids on 5 Sept for your COE and that COE price is estimated to go back to the around 16-17k level like before the big drop. So the seller can't sell you a car today with $8k discount or he'll make a loss or earns too little profit.

So it's like buying at a lower price now and getting a high value COE?

Neutral Newbie
Hehe, congratulate [thumbsup] .

thks... [thumbsup] but i have a feeling that catB will drop the next round cause most buyer r going for catA now... [laugh]

Just for your information, all Perodua cars will have their prices rasied by S$1,000 with effect from Tuesday, 28 Aug.

The big players will probably follow suit very soon.

Some people will tell you good to buy when COE drop as price drop and high chance of getting COE. But for this round, the price reduce by too little (at least to me).

But buy at such timing also means higher chance that you will not get COE.

Edited by Ahyoo2002

The Cat A COE premium of last bidding exercise is indeed drop to $8118 from $17,001.

However, everytime when COE drop to suck low level, many people will rush in to buy bc car dealers will very likely reduce their price.

For this round, COE drop by $9k but car price only reduce by $2k to $4k. But then a lot of people will still buy bc $4k off a Cat A car price of said $50K is still quite sustantiate.

Anyway, if you have not book now, maybe too late as Nissan increase Cat A car price by $500 and BM has increase Cat A Toyota car price by $1k lliao.

BUT: if you can wait, just wait loh, bc if you look at the COE trend, it is like a cycle: COE down -> more people buy and hence demand up -> demand up, COE also up and hence car price up -> when car price (or COE) up -> less people buy and demand down -> COE will down when demand down -> when COE down, car price also down -> people start buying again..............the cycle will just repeat itself.

bro, u miss a good oppty unimpressed.gif

Just for your information, all Perodua cars will have their prices rasied by S$1,000 with effect from Tuesday, 28 Aug.

The big players will probably follow suit very soon.

marketing tactics to pressure buyers to commit earlier hur.gif

↡ Advertisement