Unic

Buy a new car that mfg in Y2006  

46 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • Yes, if the discount is 1-3k
    • Yes, if the discount is 3-5k
    • No

Now is End Aug 2007. Would you buy a car that was manufacured in Year 2006? Please state your reason if possible. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yes,

1) if there is some $$$ discount.

2) if buying for your children who just got licence.

3) if that is a nice car, no longer in production (eg last piece of Cupucinno, last MR-S, or Copen,etc)

every year sure got such thread.....

Year 2006 - Will u buy a YOM2005 car??

Year 2005 - Will u buy a YOM2004 car??

If no intention to sell within 5 yrs & the rebate is overwhelmingly better than the OMV.

then buy lor....

Edited by Familymanz

Ppl think they're buying cake. Fresh from the oven. [laugh]

Gotto see what model of car. For some sales volume move kind of slow one cannot expect "freshly made". [:/]

Want new one out of assembly line also gotto wait what. [rolleyes]

Edited by Watwheels

if there's substantiate discount, shd be ok.

Reason being that the new batch might not be that new (say 3 months vs 1 year) either.

But then, you need to know which car model you are going to buy.

Some cars, that are grounded for too long will have minor issue such as shorter battery life, engine oil deteriorate over times, harden of pipping, etc but that's the extreme.

Edited by Sony

if the discount is pretty reasonable, i would say its reallie worth the consideration. [nod] in the end, as long as its comfortable on ur pocket, i firmly believe thats the most important thing.

A lot depend on which car, a high/low volume. If it is the latter, I'll just take it if I don't want to wait for the next shipment which may take months and may not have the colour I want. I'll ask for some discount and extended warranty, at least for some items such as rust, battery, paint, etc.

I dunno what tok kong car TS is buying. [:/][laugh]

Cars won't rot after a year.

If really doubtful, just get a relatively new popular model...if TS dun mind waiting.

Agree about the waiting period can be very, very long for some car/model. I know some one who wanted to a certain colour supercar with personalized add-on specs and the waiting time over a year. It wasn't even a pre-launch model. It has been launched for close to a year.

tok kong car will sell like hot cake liow... where got left over so much [laugh]

Anyway, leave it to my wife to decide, just seeking for opinion here [;)]

if there's substantiate discount, shd be ok.

Reason being that the new batch might not be that new (say 3 months vs 1 year) either.

But then, you need to know which car model you are going to buy.

Some cars, that are grounded for too long will have minor issue such as shorter battery life, engine oil deteriorate over times, harden of pipping, etc but that's the extreme.

That's what I'm worry about, the car in the garage for so long, don't know what will happen. But then, they are giving 3 years warranty, so only problem is wasting time sending car back to service.

Now is End Aug 2007. Would you buy a car that was manufacured in Year 2006? Please state your reason if possible. [:)]

Normally it take 2 months or so to reach SGP, so if manufacture in end 06, the car is just idling for about 6 months, still ok.

yes, my brother in law bought a YOM2005 latio in 2006.. and the discount given was a whopping 6k... its the premium edition somemore [sly]

TC did the same thing early this year too for YOM2006 car. But that is Jan-Feb time frame.

Buying a car especially an European one, there would always be a gap in between the date it was made and the day you would take delivery of it. One year is not too long, IMHO. But anything longer than that, i.e. 2 or 3 years, I would rather skip the discount and pay a full price for a brand new unit.

Why ? Well, a vehicle sitting so long in the yard under the sun and rain and evironment would tend to develop problems like weathering, mild dew build up inside, rust, uninvited guest ( ants, roaches, etc ), weathering of paint work, fading of trim, etc. The engine also when not moved for a long period of time, would have problem with the cylinder walls rusting and the valves seat not creating a good seal, etc, etc.

CBX

↡ Advertisement