Unic

Buy a new car that mfg in Y2006  

46 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • Yes, if the discount is 1-3k
    • Yes, if the discount is 3-5k
    • No

yes, my brother in law bought a YOM2005 latio in 2006.. and the discount given was a whopping 6k... its the premium edition somemore

I never recall Tan Chong Motors giving such a big S$6K discount for their YOM2005 Latio in 2006 - >10% discount? [shocked]

I thought it was only a S$4K discount.

Edited by Vit4wd
↡ Advertisement

if there's substantiate discount, shd be ok.

Reason being that the new batch might not be that new (say 3 months vs 1 year) either.

But then, you need to know which car model you are going to buy.

Some cars, that are grounded for too long will have minor issue such as shorter battery life, engine oil deteriorate over times, harden of pipping, etc but that's the extreme.

That's what I'm worry about, the car in the garage for so long, don't know what will happen. But then, they are giving 3 years warranty, so only problem is wasting time sending car back to service.

Care to share which car are you looking at?

BTW, I tot your current car is relatively new as well...

Anyway, if they are already giving substantiate discount and despo to sell, ask them for a full servicing at 1k, including a proper load testing on the battery.

For the saving you got, shd be enough for other changes if need be.

In short, there's no free lunch in this world [;)]

nah.. not the megane [:/]

sorrie but that's just my opinion.

you drive an Astra, I'm sure you have look at megane before.

How about the jetta or if she wants something smaller, then polo or the Fiat.

Best to avoid the Megane.

My friend sold off his within a year due to constant problems, and a Renault owner once told me he was amused when he was told that his Espace's brake pads needed to be replaced within the first year (15,000 km mileage)

I once closed the door of a Fiat Punto Skydome 1.4 and it was realloy solid. The OOMPH was dead solid.

Fiat is now First In Automotive Technology

There's always the 1.8 auto.

anyway, don't buy back Opel since you got one already.

That's why I didn't suggest she look at opel just now.

Go for others..

not worth it if the car has problems not solved.. u spend more time bringing it to the agent for servicing.. [sweatdrop]

u might want to refer to Club fiatitude website for more reading.

if u need a SE, let me know... i can intro.. cheers

Edited by Nkotb

if the dealer is upfront and informs me and offers cash discount, why not? after 5 years when you scrap or change car, does anybody cares?

nah.. not the megane [:/]

sorrie but that's just my opinion.

you drive an Astra, I'm sure you have look at megane before.

How about the jetta or if she wants something smaller, then polo or the Fiat.

Yeah. Megane [shakehead] . I went to their forum and read the horror stories. [dizzy]

Even last time my dad's C5 also dun have so much problems.

but in all fairness, all cars got their problem.

and being S'porean, we are more prone to bring out unpleasantness and displeasure and less forecoming in giving compliments and praises.

Others also have their fair share of problem. Try going to BMW, Ford (if there's another new forum), VAG and even Opel.. I'm sure you will see some of the hitches for the cars as well.

the grand punto rite... [thumbsup]

the car feels pretty comfy ... almost didnt feel the body roll when my crazy frien was conering his GP till the tyres screech ......

it has a 5 star rating for the dunno wad euro crash test ... N-something wan .. forgot wad le.... [thumbsup]

I had been to their forum. Most European cars have problems not seen in Japanese cars leh. Maybe it's just me lah.

Somehow I feel that the local mechanics are struggling to rectify the problems found in European cars.

The Japz does have the uppper hand on the QC compared to the European and we can't dismiss that.

but then, from another perspective, if you notice, the conti tends to have higher equipping compared to the Japz. So by having more functions, it add to the complexity of the cars, thus resulted in more problem. Add the same amount of stuffs on the Japz and I wonder if it will be better.

Simple things like Auto headlight, one have better intelligence built-in that determine when it's time to on the headlight while the other is just a simple light sensor that switches on the headlight when it detect darkness.

↡ Advertisement