Boycotting ERP

Passion

(edited)

Bro,you super creative lah.Think next time our IC no longer is IC,is a cashcard IC that comes with sensor or something.walk past orchard will "beep",go Ubin also "beep".Not enough fund,send you letter to fine and warn you.

Edited by Passion
↡ Advertisement

True mah... someday, they'll think of ways to reduce crowd in Orchard Rd or east coast.

Maybe they can start a trial as soon as this coming Thursday at Suntec.

Comex 2007...

I is never hot. laugh.gif

Just avoid those town area la unless there is genuine need to go in.

Plan yr route also, I am lucky to find another route to work, same distance as before.

There are also lots of good makan places which we can go on weekends and no need go thru erp one.

Hi all,i was wondering,if we all boycott ERP but passing it without cashcard,can it deter the garmen to remove the ERP?Hope other brother can chip in the idea of abolishing the useless ERP system.

We have a chance to change things every 5 years yet we repeat the same choice each time.. [shakehead]

Hey.. nothing comes free.. whether it is New Singapore Shares or GST Rebate, someone gotta pay for it.. Left pocket, right pocket theory lah.. [pirate]

True. ever since orchard rd start charging ERP, it has been ages since i last drove in. they are some other places i can shop

Those heartland malls are quite self-sufficient too... unless u need to get some LV, coach or Gucci categories of items, then go town la, can take train also. Alight at orchard, shop all the way to plaza sing and took a train back home from dhoby ghaut. Make more sense. smile.gif

It's really a good idea, and perhaps the most practical one in this discussion... try to bring your home and workplace closer together to avoid ERP. Either shift house, or shift employer [rolleyes]

True. if u noticed, the parking charges at orchard area actually went up quite a bit [sweatdrop] i definitely won't drive in and park in orchard. Raffles city also has branded goods boutique

You have a great sense of humour [laugh]

Abolishing the Electronic Road Pricing gantries which cost hundreds of millions to put up? [:p]

Neutral Newbie
Hi all,i was wondering,if we all boycott ERP but passing it without cashcard,can it deter the garmen to remove the ERP?Hope other brother can chip in the idea of abolishing the useless ERP system.

$10 dun pay become $70. $70 DUn pay become $300 plus attend court. Dun attend court and dun pay becomes $700 including skipping court fines.( the Judge wasting his time 'waiting' for u). Still dun pay and attend court, warrant of arrest plus fine up to 2k plus. still dun pay yr car number plate will be hunted by rovs. arrest without bail and go court. no $$ to pay. go jail. and we are taking only about 1 erp summon.

Imagine more? I dare not think or play such stunts with our govt. [hur]

It's really a good idea, and perhaps the most practical one in this discussion... try to bring your home and workplace closer together to avoid ERP. Either shift house, or shift employer [rolleyes]

Hmmm, come to tink of it...it's not a bad idea. [laugh]

Dun have to worry abt ERP at all. Even if ERP increases to $10, I will still be driving from Pasir Ris to Loyang without affecting me.

Edited by Fcw75

Haha!!!!! But confirm will not work, they will be more happy, in the end can earn more thru fine. No way to boycott, if we all dun use car and take public transport, we boycott ERP, in the end they earn again thru public transport. Hence no use, u do what also cannot outwit them.

Edited by Curahee

You are right bro.Maybe like one bro mention,shift employer or shift house.Sad for those finance analyst,die die have to stick to CBD.unless banks shift out of CBD.I think if that happen,ERP will shift as well.

Bro,plan this route for me.Morning i intend to go NTU,i live in hougang.How should i go?Go by CTE confirm ERP,go by serangoon road also ERP,where don't have ERP?

↡ Advertisement