KAH Motors servicing questions

Fatfat

(edited)

Used to service at KM Mandai and got to know 2 nice SAs there.

They both left KM just before my warranty expired.

After my warranty expired I did my servicing at Autosaver. They follow the Honda-recommended schedule.

Edited by Blueray
↡ Advertisement

Thanks Ten

Points noted. Ya, I will go talk to them on my next servicing and see if I can sign up on the spot and use package right away as you have suggested.

I always believe that the car needs to be serviced at a regular intervals. For me, as I explained previously, i always schedule my servicing as follows:

1st servicing : month 1

2nd servicing : month 9

3rd servicing : month 17

4th servicing : month 24

5th servicing : month 33

6th servicing: month 41

And continue like previous schedule

So when you buy a 2 years plan with 4 servicing, you can use it almost 3 years.

If you want Honda servicing, it is worthwhile to buy their package as discount will be given compared to book and drive in on a adhoc basis.

On top of that, you get parts discount.

My suggestion is that you can always drop by and talk to them first. Or if you intend to send it to them for servicing anyway, just before payment or before you hands over the keys to them, you can ask for the package and see if this makes sense for u. If so, just ask them whether can have immediate activation and use the first servicing of the package on the day.

Good luck

Ten,

How much did you pay for the package?

I always believe that the car needs to be serviced at a regular intervals. For me, as I explained previously, i always schedule my servicing as follows:

1st servicing : month 1

2nd servicing : month 9

3rd servicing : month 17

4th servicing : month 24

5th servicing : month 33

6th servicing: month 41

And continue like previous schedule

So when you buy a 2 years plan with 4 servicing, you can use it almost 3 years.

If you want Honda servicing, it is worthwhile to buy their package as discount will be given compared to book and drive in on a adhoc basis.

On top of that, you get parts discount.

My suggestion is that you can always drop by and talk to them first. Or if you intend to send it to them for servicing anyway, just before payment or before you hands over the keys to them, you can ask for the package and see if this makes sense for u. If so, just ask them whether can have immediate activation and use the first servicing of the package on the day.

Good luck

Bro, they don't require you to have the service interval every 6 mths or 10k mileage whichever comes 1st? surprised it's based on 4 servicing regardless of duration n mileage.

Ten,

How much did you pay for the package?

Cannot remember exactly but around 1.5k. Normally, they will throw in free grooming, petrol vouchers, etc.

As suggested by other forumers here, if u can do it by yourself, it will definitely be cheaper. Guess both of us don't fall in that category...

Bro, they don't require you to have the service interval every 6 mths or 10k mileage whichever comes 1st? surprised it's based on 4 servicing regardless of duration n mileage.

So far, it is 4 servicings within 2 years. Not strictly at all

Cannot remember exactly but around 1.5k. Normally, they will throw in free grooming, petrol vouchers, etc.

As suggested by other forumers here, if u can do it by yourself, it will definitely be cheaper. Guess both of us don't fall in that category...

So far, it is 4 servicings within 2 years. Not strictly at al

Thanks for the info.  I also service my car at 9 months interval, usually pay around $230 to $270 but when mileage hit every 10,000 km, servicing costs more - can be more than $400 because more parts need replacement.  For easy comparison, my last 4 servicing added up to around $1.5K. So about the package price. Looks like cheaper to sign up package with freebies thrown in.

Just like to re-confirm with you again - you still need to pay for parts replacement right because you mentioned discount given?  I know that as long as Honda parts are used, 20% discount is given regardless of whether you sign package or not.

[quote name="AnnaHo" post="6151619"

Just like to re-confirm with you again - you still need to pay for parts replacement right because you mentioned discount given? I know that as long as Honda parts are used, 20% discount is given regardless of whether you sign package or not.

Yes. You still have to pay for replacement parts but discounts will be given.

So far, it is 4 servicings within 2 years. Not strictly at all

so 4 servicing within 2 years? how did u manage to get them to allow u to stretch the 4 servicing to 3 years? or do u mean they don't bother about the time interval?

Yes. You still have to pay for replacement parts but discounts will be given.

Thanks. Will get full details from Kah Motor

so 4 servicing within 2 years? how did u manage to get them to allow u to stretch the 4 servicing to 3 years? or do u mean they don't bother about the time interval?

4 servicings within 2 years apply.

So you can time your 1st servicing on the 1st month, 4th servicing on the 24th month and your 5th servicing 8-9 months later. On your 5th servicing, you can consider buying a new 2 years package.

I did not do it the last round because I don't intend to do any more servicing until my car scrap.

I do know that from C&C, if your car scrapped within the 2 years period and you did not use up the servicing, you can write in to them and show them the proof, they will refund you the money. I bought that package for my OC.

You can check whether KM allows that as well.

4 servicings within 2 years apply.

So you can time your 1st servicing on the 1st month, 4th servicing on the 24th month and your 5th servicing 8-9 months later. On your 5th servicing, you can consider buying a new 2 years package.

I did not do it the last round because I don't intend to do any more servicing until my car scrap.

I do know that from C&C, if your car scrapped within the 2 years period and you did not use up the servicing, you can write in to them and show them the proof, they will refund you the money. I bought that package for my OC.

You can check whether KM allows that as well.

Bro Ten, I just went for my 1k free servicing at KM Ubi yesterday. I asked the service executive if I can come back in 8 mths interval he straight away said "NO" to me...  [bigcry]

Is there any particular or recommended service centre?  [confused]

Thanks! 

Bro Ten, I just went for my 1k free servicing at KM Ubi yesterday. I asked the service executive if I can come back in 8 mths interval he straight away said "NO" to me...  [bigcry]

Thanks! 

is this free servicing uptil 20k km? 

from my experience, they don't care one. They at most send u sms reminder. 

I service only when i reached the distance, not 6 monthly.

My personal experience is that i only serviced 1k, 10k and 20k over 1st year 10 months. Now at 2.5 year mark, i only did my 30k but this one is self pay one. 

Only did it at Mandai. So not sure about how it's done elsewhere.

But for my cars so far, I only follow distance, never 6 mthly intervals. 8-9 months, i doubt they care also.

is this free servicing uptil 20k km? 

from my experience, they don't care one. They at most send u sms reminder. 

I service only when i reached the distance, not 6 monthly.

My personal experience is that i only serviced 1k, 10k and 20k over 1st year 10 months. Now at 2.5 year mark, i only did my 30k but this one is self pay one. 

Only did it at Mandai. So not sure about how it's done elsewhere.

But for my cars so far, I only follow distance, never 6 mthly intervals. 8-9 months, i doubt they care also.

Yah, free servicing up till the 20k.

Ya lo, so far previous car only follow distance and never on the 6 mths interval

Asked the SE at Ubi few questions and standard reply "is normal wan".  [furious]

(edited)

Bro Ten, I just went for my 1k free servicing at KM Ubi yesterday. I asked the service executive if I can come back in 8 mths interval he straight away said "NO" to me... [bigcry]

Is there any particular or recommended service centre? [confused]

Thanks!

Why cannot be 8 months? They expect u to go bk in 6 months?

Just say u overseas and no time to go bk in 6 months la.

Don't go to the big service centre. They r too bz to entertainu shld go to smaller ones like Bukit Timah or Thomson.

Edited by Jusnel

Yah, free servicing up till the 20k.

Ya lo, so far previous car only follow distance and never on the 6 mths interval

Asked the SE at Ubi few questions and standard reply "is normal wan". [furious]

Don't worry. They won't void your warranty lol.

Why cannot be 8 months? They expect u to go bk in 6 months?

Just say u overseas and no time to go bk in 6 months la.

Don't go to the big service centre. They r too bz to entertainu shld go to smaller ones like Bukit Timah or Thomson.

Ok ok! Next time I try other service centres.   :a-good:

Don't worry. They won't void your warranty lol.

Ok! Thanks!  [laugh]

Thanks! 

Hi Titanium

I guess you have gotten a new car and if this is correct, that means that it comes with free servicing for 3 years? If this is the case, you just follow their schedule (since it is "free", but I guess they built in the price when you buy the car). They are not so fussy whether you are one month late during your 3 years of free servicings. 

You should adhere to their 3 years schedule as much as possible. If you drag beyond the 3 years, they may not need to honour all those 3 years servicing schedule which are already pre-plan. Your extra cost is quite marginal and thus, stick to their schedule.

What I had described is that after your 3 years of free servicings, and if you decide to continue to service your car at KM and buy their two years package, then you can follow my servicing schedule. That means utilised the 4 services within the two years period. As long as the servicings are done within the 2 years, they will not reject you. I had tried this in Leng Kee and Thomson without issues.

Now, enjoy your new car. Honda cars are pretty reliable and they do have a tolling service (touch wood) should you need help. Also, if you find some issues with your new car (due to unfamiliarity and likely not a car problem), you can call their service centre number and ask for help. They do have technicians who can answer some quick questions. I once encounter my car alarm goes off and don't know where the manual switch to switch off the alarm. Hehehe....