September round 1: Double whammy brings COE rebound - A report by Carbuyer.

Ahyoo2002

A certain importer for a Japanese marque told us that in a single weekend, 300 orders were collected for just one of its models.

AiyohYoh...see liao. too many cars der.

Car prices should go back up by 20% otherwise everyone with a driving licence can own one n soon all our cars can keep in our home as showpiece n collect dust liao, bcos once u get onto the roads, u r bumper>>bumper.

Cars too 'cheap' liao vs a vis SGreans' wealth.

how cud there b too many cars?

the increase in car is fixed at 3-5%, one car in, one car out.

the problem as usual is too many pple heading to the same direction at abt the same time excabated by idiotic driving behavior squeezing in betw lanes, road hoggers and heavy truckers.

for the expressway, i think the best option is really reducing the nos of entry points to deter use of expressway as convenience and increasing the nos of exit points so more cars tat r caught in the congestion can filter out.

It's not about car being cheap, it's about filtering off people are who really financially capable of car ownership. It's not uncommon these days to see fresh new cars with SG plates being towed away.

Bring back the 30% downpayment pls.

but if it is being towed away so regularly, there will b less cars on the road. plus those used cars in the carmart. so technically tat statement still don't make sense.

silly system is one thing.

paying sky high wages to someone to implement and maintain a silly system is double folly.

The 66.7% are bathed and clothed in sillyness

wah! excellent comment [thumbsup]

LTA should employ you as their consultant, or maybe you already been [laugh][laugh]

anyway, agree your points, but I don't think

'showrooms become ghostly quiet in the weeks to come'

CAT B buyers still are quite strong [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Don't worry Don't worry. The Government is aware of the problem since donkey years ago (even I could not remember) by installing more ERP gantries as first moves, the rest to be followed...

After Toa payoh, I'm expecting places like Jln Euno and Paya lebar to be next...

Not only is the system silly, the report is trying to justified the rebound. IS there a need, at round COE on $8k, avarage above 10k, sure COE will rebound what.

End of the day, no matter how much is the COE also have ppl buy car .

Peace Bro [angel]

silly system is one thing.

paying sky high wages to someone to implement and maintain a silly system is double folly.

The 66.7% are bathed and clothed in sillyness

what can I said [:/]

alamak, this report from carbuyer.

I thought of write something about the COE quota review, very high chance no reduction for cars COE by end of this month.

Cat B buyer is only half of cat B buyer, so if 2/3 not there, it would be quiet [laugh]

↡ Advertisement