Parallel Import Questions

Icebird

I like the Mark X but have not bought parallel imported cars before. How does buying such parallel imported cars work:

1. Do they come with 3 year warranty too? If so, who honours the warranty? Would the authorised agent recognise it?

2. Where do such cars go for 10km/ 20km etc checks?

3. If I get into any accident, is it true that the parts would be hard to obtain because the authorised dealers will not have them? And I probably need to wait for a few months for the parts to be sent to S'pore?

4. Would a parallel imported car be harder to resell? Why?

5. Is my insurance different if my car is parallel imported?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

1. Yes they come with 3yr/60000km warranty, some other PI offer 5yr/100000km warranty under comfort delgro.

2. To the warranty provider, e.g. comfort delgro or the PI's own workshop, if they have.

3. No. That is a misconception. Besides, even if your car is that rare, like one of the few in Singapore, if its a toyota, parts are shared with different models, so not difficult. And parts maximum takes only 2 weeks to arrive for a really rare special car(to big dealers)

4. No. Because they are still toyotas, hondas, and car resale price is dependent on OMV and COE and car body price. Not whether they are PI or original.

5. No. Insurance is the same.

(oh and check ur private msg :D)

Hi ....

1. Warranty from ComfortDelgro 3yrs / 60,000km warranty.

2. A list of workshops including all the ComfortDelgro workshop for you to choose.

3. There'll depend on what parts but for Mark X ... it is pretty common nowadays .... so don't have to worry too much.

4. It may or may not be the case, depending on car model. For Mark X ... resale value is still ok ...

5. For insurance, there are some insurer who DON'T accept Parallel Import cars, eg. Mitsui ... but most of them does. So not to worry.

Hope the above answers all your question .... [nod][nod]

check wif the shop....

some dun even have their own workshop.... so u go figure out urself..

most of their after-sales tech support are contract basis wif different workshops...

but if u r so worried abt all this, i suggest u dun get a PI car...

body parts may not have readily available stock for some models.....

Can OT now since your questions were answered.

Try and get the X with 18 inchers and lowering springs. It will make it look so much nicer. Also slap on a kit if possible. Its quite the cool car.

Neutral Newbie
I like the Mark X but have not bought parallel imported cars before. How does buying such parallel imported cars work:

1. Do they come with 3 year warranty too? If so, who honours the warranty? Would the authorised agent recognise it?

2. Where do such cars go for 10km/ 20km etc checks?

3. If I get into any accident, is it true that the parts would be hard to obtain because the authorised dealers will not have them? And I probably need to wait for a few months for the parts to be sent to S'pore?

4. Would a parallel imported car be harder to resell? Why?

5. Is my insurance different if my car is parallel imported?

Look for Ajay (Yuni Ku) at 8333 0816. They are honest and transparent in their dealings. Got my turquoise sienta from them recently. They are tied up with ComfortDelgro and Khiang's Automatic (5 years or 100000 km warranty) for servicing. First three servicing is free (zero dollar). The boss of Yuni Ku drives a Mark X. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

hi i am looking to buy a porsche boxster. realised its better to buy a PI, since i saw one at 212k with COE by executive automobiles. any thoughts? is this PI good? first time dont wanna screw it up!!

Neutral Newbie

Hi there,

Sorry, I'm too noob to start my own thread. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with Fugen Automobile? Am thinking of getting an Allion soon and Fugen has a really good price. Hope someone here can help me out. Thanks in advance! (=

just fyi, did u guys know that PI cars are actually used cars ?

they have to be used overseas for at least 100km before they can be exported...

i read abt it the other day...

interesting fact of the day!

Technically it's used car. But not an issue with PI cars lah.

Even your authorized car in Singapore, also driven around, to install solar film, radio, sport rims.

Same same lar.

Last time I ride motorcycle, people also say the bikes are ReCon bikes. Like CBR400RR, super4, etc.

As long as wife is not recon.....I am happy Liao.

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone help me with my above question? (= or advise on a reliable allion PI? (= any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement