Stupid Civic Type-R driver (White CTR)

Andpercent

All right, bottomline is it is not illegal so that CTR was just being cautious n "kiasee" by doing so, no harm done. Some like it some don't. The TS can complain no prob, but its his fault for mentioning bout "driving CTR not Veyron" shiat...

↡ Advertisement

i'm backing up my statement with data.. a whole bunch of reasons why its not good.. so far i've not heard any valid argument for the use of hazard lights in a rainstorm.. other than "who cares, i'm using hazard lights anyway irregardless of the dangers it might pose to other drivers"..

and if it was solely based on my perspective i'd keep my opinions to myself.. see links above for "my own perpective".. and if you noticed, the first link is from a Singapore site, AAS..

the common definition of "hazard lights", not just mine, is for use during emergencies or when vehicle is a hazard or becoming a hazard..

and yes, a hazard is stationary.. or going to be stationary.. normal moving vehicles are not considered hazards..

3 qns,

who determines a car is a hazard or not? I believe the driver will know best..IMHO

a normal moving vehicle is not consider a hazard, i agree... but now we are talking about slow moving vehicle. defination of 'slow', is i believe slower than normal, eg driving 30-40km/h on a 90km/h limit road... what is normal moving to you?

and when u say common defination, whose common defination? yours only or everyone else? becuz my defination differs from yours. to me hazard is anything that is a danger regardless of moving or stationery...

so during hazardous weather,can i use hazard light?

or should i stay at home and not drive?

i think driving in hazardous weather is improper.laugh.gif

maybe riding a bike is more appropriate.tongue.gif

Edited by Turbonetics

well, i wouldn't exactly say irrelevant..

the links show u what others, and quite alot of them, think about this issue..

and i still haven't found any governing body/association/driving club/driving manual/etc that says driving with the hazard lights on in a rainstorm is a good thing.. i doubt i will unless someone can show me otherwise..

you know something? somehow i find what i learn in driving lessons does not really apply to the real world....

there is no right or wrong, theory is theory but is theory practical? that is another qns....

sure the whole world can say it is not advisable to turn on the hazard lights but trust me, if it can help to save my life or whoever that is sitting at the rear of my car, then i will still do it.......

it is a dog eat dog world out there yeah?

Bro...i think on hazard light and driving a CTR is 2 seperate issue...why u link them together?...

Driving w hazard lite on i believe is dangerous...and i agree...

But just becoz he drive a ctr u say holian....funny leh....u dont even know what type of ppl he is...rite....or you r the jeslous one. [hur]

From a joker to a holian person...wah u damn amaginative huh..everything also one sided talk...u win liao loh.. [hur]

U should target the actions and not the car.,,...rite....

Edited by Randall

driving lessons & real world, dat i do agree.. but only for some things..

but based on your logic, when driving at night, everyone should either use high beams or have their regular headlights adjusted to point higher and blind every driver infront, in case cars in front dunno we are coming..

where do we draw the line?

we don't need to.. that's why we have motor vehicle authorities like SAE with experts to do research & studies to set the standard..

if tail lights were not sufficient in a rainstorm, all cars would have come default with extra rainstorm lights or something else, and not confuse that with the hazard lights..

Neutral Newbie
To the stupid fella driving along ECP this morning around 7:20am when it was raining quite heavy.

Please don't turn on your hazard lights JUST because it starts to rain heavily. You are NOT doing anyone a favour but instead, causing confusion to ALL. Nobody knows if your CTR spoil, if you want to turn left, want to turn right...

In-fact, you are the ONLY joker doing that.. maybe you are tying to attract attention to your CTR? Don't be so ho-lian.... drive CTR only..not Veyron.

Peace.

bro i think your life is F-up you no money to buy new CTR you say he ho-lian.He just try to be safe maybe not in the right way only nothing to do with not a veyron whattttttt you so f-up.

It is a common practice for cars in places with snow and fog to swtich on the hazard lights as a means of warning other motorists. So the Civic guy didn't do anything wrong. He wasn't hao lian or anything..in fact, I think he a bit too guai already...almost no one does this warning thing these days... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

U R the joker down here. switching on hazard lights during this kind of situations really help to warn ppl and greatly increases vehicle visibility.

Anyway when in such poor visibility downpours ESP on the ECP.I think wat u need to know is the road boundary,turnings,exits and where the cars in front or behind are.Nobody gives a sxxt abt proper turn signals or making courtesy waves/kisses when they driving 'blindfolded' would they???

Prob u just pass ur driving test and used to stuff like that.