Petrol grade

Passion

Hi all,i've been using Caltex for my car,and sometime i use Esso Mobil.All along,i pump 95 Ron for my car.But one thing for sure is caltex petrol tends to burn faster than Esso Mobil.My friend who drove a sunny also say that Caltex petrol burn way faster than shell.Any bro here have any similar experience?

↡ Advertisement

Yes, this is what I experience as well.

No only that.... also lesser power. Guess that contributes to a heavier foot and ends up having worse FC.

But advantage is that engine runs smoother when on Caltex. (somewhat like the effect of adding FP60). [rolleyes]

power wise i think is depend on rite foot.Yesterday i pump 6L for my civic,i drove to jurong,back to tampines and back to hougang.Almost all the 6L all gone.Meter drop to left 5 bar.Initially is marking is below the tank logo.Last nite i went to pump Esso Mobil,think only pump 5.8L.The bar only go up till slightly before the tank logo,i came back still got 5 bar left.Really need to salute caltex petrol,so much of discount for OCBC card,the discount cover up the lost of mileage.

Errr.... what car pistons??? You mean the shocks??? [dizzy]

Oh... ok... got what you mean... (very slow this morning [laugh] ).... don't think that one tank, once in awhile is gonna help clean anything....

Edited by Dwoon

caltex 95,98 or platinum?I tot only the highest grade got add techron.I think sometimes just be logical.Pump 98 will do.What Vpower,techron,i would say esso mobil 98 will be good enough.

I think all grades contains Techron. Normally when I wanna clean up the ignition pistons (clean or no clean, well, gotta take a leap of faith sometimes), I'll pump 2 or 3 full tanks of Silver in a row.

↡ Advertisement