Family Outing at Car Showroom

Irene

Neutral Newbie

My fren told me... every weekend he would bring his family to see cars. Yes he has the intention to buy new car a yr ago. BUT the car has to be fast pickup, looks sporty and most importantly must be cheap. Somemore his family enjoys the outing very much... free coffee/tea and test drive!!!! This has been going on for many months already.

I said such imaginary car only exist in other countries not singapore. Dont think that the family really enjoys such outings because the sales ppl already know them so well. By going there with no intention to buy actually waste the SE's time and turn. I know there are many ppl who likes to visit car showroom but bring family there every weekend.... this is the first. [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

my ex-manager also same. say almost every weekend go showroom say want buy car so go testdrive. but i changed 2 cars liao and somemore is about 3yrs ago... i still see him in the car when i first know him [sweatdrop]

are u a SE. haha.

alyah go this type place must drive a beautiful car like driving a 745 to a nissan showroom. wear yr rolex king and yr gold chains. bring a beautiful girl like our famous friend.

sure treat u like king., wow the feeling shoike shoike.

In my opinion, when people go down to the show room, they are "exposing" themselves to your sales pitch. A good saleperson can sell someone the proverbial 3 legged horse and that person will still think its the best deal in the world. If cannot make the sale, don't say that the customer has no intention.

A car is big ticket item here in SG, cannot blame people for being cautious and always looking for the best possible deal.

In my opinion, when people go down to the show room, they are "exposing" themselves to your sales pitch. A good saleperson can sell someone the proverbial 3 legged horse and that person will still think its the best deal in the world. If cannot make the sale, don't say that the customer has no intention.

A car is big ticket item here in SG, cannot blame people for being cautious and always looking for the best possible deal.

agree and disagree... who dont want the best deal in town but over a few mths or year?..comeon...test drive car A today and 3mths down the road, still the same car and only variables is price movement if any, freebies if any, promotion if any.......so, i dont see the needs to test drive multiple times over a long stretch of period.... that's a cheap way to get free coffee hor... [thumbsdown]

some people's skin r just too thick. period. [hur]

becos of this, some se actually seize up a customer when they first walk in and if se feels is a window shopper, they dun entertain.

haiz i kena this from lots of car dealers when i was looking for my harrier. they think i window shop cos my ride is less than 2 years. but good thing is that for the se that willing to spend the time with me, she got the deal.

then when i shop for my hybrid, same thing. bm and km se dun even get back to me on my car resale price or do follow up call after my 1st visit. the se that put in the 30 mins of her time to serve me got the deal. yea, 30 mins only. dunno why some se so lazy. the bloody km se at ubi... a few of them at counter chatting away. if one had put in the 30 mins, deal done. oh well, their loss [laugh]

yeah yeah, because of these, i din get my first choice car.. but well, 2nd choice also good.. but what to do.. they dun want to do my business in the first place.. or they expect me to go and beg them to sell me the car..frown.gif

lemme give u an idea.

SE works on rotation. so it is theire @ss luck if the potential customer turns out to b a window shopper. if a customer walks in, one of them will service u or suppose to service u, the next one will Q up his/ her turn. therefore is ok for them to ignore u so to speak.

KM C&C BM & most other big firm has a reception counter manned. all u need was ask.

↡ Advertisement