Radiator Fan Running When Engine Off

Ommph

Neutral Newbie

I tried looking everywhere, almost 5 yrs now. Still can't find it. I suspect it's the fuel pump or something like that (i could be very wrong). My new A5, the wipers will move to a lower position when i turn of the ignition, where you can actually see and hear them move, macham disarm position liddat.

That's why i love these cars, they are very technoligically advanced for the humble entry level models. My A5 will automatically put the wipers in INT mode, when the car is stationary, and resume to the driver set speed when moving.

wait till an electronic glitch lock you inside your own car like him... http://www.zdnetasia.com/bmw-glitch-locks-...in-39130270.htm

↡ Advertisement

Battery flat yesterday at Suntec due to the problem surface again, and forgotten to go back to unplug the radiator fuse. :wacko:

Today sent it to my cousin's workshop and took a look. He just changed the relay as he mentioned I did not change it before...viola! problem solved. But now still monitoring see if the radiator fan will shut on or off automatically anot. [cool]

Sorry to bring up this old thread. I have been driving the X Type for a year. Today, when I off the engine, the radiator fan continue to run. I thought it will stop after a minute or 2 but it just continue to run. I have to send to a workshop and the fan refused to turn off till the mechanic had to plug off the fuse. Anyone can advise? I dont think this is normal even for a conti car. This is the first time i experience this after driving for a year.

Edited by Pss2

Sorry to bring up this old thread. I have been driving the X Type for a year. Today, when I off the engine, the radiator fan continue to run. I thought it will stop after a minute or 2 but it just continue to run. I have to send to a workshop and the fan refused to turn off till the mechanic had to plug off the fuse. Anyone can advise? I dont think this is normal even for a conti car. This is the first time i experience this after driving for a year.

Stuck relay.

Change it and see what happens.

Stuck relay.

Change it and see what happens.

Hi Thanks. Car in work shop. They say they will call supplier for the "resistor". I dont know if it is the same as what you mentioned.

Neutral Newbie

Hi hi

Saw this thread

I hv a skoda Octavia 2009 combi vrs

I hv battery drain issue

The fan keeps running on Abd off till it drain my battery

Suspect relay problem, electrician check this model no relay for radiator fan

Suspect water pump thermostat issue

Changed no improvement

Anyone encounter this?

↡ Advertisement