M-cyclist hurt but car was his concern

Osiris

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Sto...ory_159277.html

LAST Thursday evening, I was driving in Toa Payoh. Waiting at a red light on a crossroad, I was horrified to see a motorcyclist being thrown off his bike after he was hit by a car. He landed with a great thud in the middle of the crossroad.

Even more shocking was the reaction of the driver. He got out and, instead of checking on the motorcyclist, he stood, hands on hips, inspecting the damage to his car.

How very sad indeed that a vehicle should take precedence over a fellow human being.

Susan Carpenter (Mrs)

B@stard on the road.

Edited by Osiris
↡ Advertisement

Unfortunately, these days I see so many people being too selfish and only think of themselves in all social circumstances. This is just another great example of such an act!

Other classic examples include, holding the elevator doors for someone else who's approcaching, hold a door open for the person behind you, standing on the left side of an escalator and the most irritating one.... drivers not acknowledging you when you stop your car to allow them to join the traffic in front of you!

yup....but hope not to the extreme like this driver reported in BMW forum that scolded the bike riderlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifeven though he was grimacing in pain

but then again as SOny says, just dun die ON TOP of my car, go under better....so no need panel beat...

no offence, but some of these bikers really deserve itshakehead.gifshakehead.gif

there goes our gracious society [shakehead][shakehead]

I was hit by a motorcycle (MY plate) from the back, i came down to check on him but he was more concern about my car and worry about to compensate me for damages, have to asure him that i dun really bother about my car.

Sad case indeed... such drivers should be banned on our roads!! [thumbsdown]

Looking at it from another viewpoint, nowadays I find some motorcyclist ride their bikes in some undesirable manner as well.

- At a red-light, they will try their ways and means to squeeze to the front of the traffic. There have been times when some brushed against my side mirror while doing so... some will even honk and stare at you if you were to block their way... [shakehead]

- when red-light turns green, they will usually pick up faster than cars, but some will just conveniently cut into your lane becos they are already ahead and then go at 40kmph...hogging the entire lane and even other bikes cant go pass them... sigh... [shakehead]

- they will suddenly cut into the lane at high speeds just becos they are highly mobile and think they can out-maneuver other road-users... dangerous siah... [shakehead]

Riding bikes this way are sure invitations for accidents to happen mah... wat u guys think?

i once hit a taxi hackside while riding.on de expressway.i fell on got some cuts.de taxi driver came down to see me.i was "die liao...sure kena pay dis driver.." den he asked me whether i was ok.i said i was.n i asked him how his taxi...he insisted he was ok.n dat he needs to noe whether i'm ok.den he left.so relieved! [sweatdrop]

but after dat...i saw de opposite side of our society.while trying to ride slowly to de shoulder of de expressway..(my handlebar bengkok already)...some ba$t@rds was honking at me for holding them up!i mean...i was bleeding...i bike was crooked...n all they can tink of is their time wasted?!?! WTF! [furious]

yup....but hope not to the extreme like this driver reported in BMW forum that scolded the bike ridereven though he was grimacing in pain

Wa Lau [:|]

Like that a bit overboard liao [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

but then again as SOny says, just dun die ON TOP of my car, go under better....so no need panel beat...

[laugh][laugh][laugh] Then we'll be in shxt [dead][dead][dead]

no offence, but some of these bikers really deserve it

Agree [nod][nod][nod] Some of the bikers really [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

ever saw a motocyclist skidded at a tight bend, that one near Orchard YMCA & Park Mall. His girlfriend lying on the pavement crying in pain (kness blood all over) & another kind car motorist volunteer to help send her to hospital.

That stupid motocyclist, you know what he did? he pushes his bike (like clearing SOC) with the help of some passerby to that nearby church compound area, just to make sure his bike is safe & sound. This abangs didn't even bother about his girlfriend! [thumbsdown]